See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Cloud House, April 2015

Gambit

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
This place, as I am sure a few of you are aware, is in the middle of nowhere. If you can call the Welsh countryside nowhere that is...

I have to admit, I felt quite smug, driving towards the location in my Land Rover Defender - perfect camouflage for the area.

And, no, contrary to some published photos - this is not my Landie

The house is a little set back from the outbuildings, and at first I didn't see the house at all. With eyesight this good, it's no wonder that my research, is on occasion... bloody hopeless

Once inside the house, I spent far too long photographing the Harmonium and the Clock next to it.

One thing I liked about this location is that, although it is filled with lots of little artifacts, I do not get the feeling of intrusion - perhaps because I get the impression that it has been abandoned for quite some time. I don't know if this is true or not to be honest, but that is the feeling I get.

Both upstairs and downstairs, there was so much to photograph and document

As well as those personal items, the view out the back has a peacefulness to it

I could quite happily have spent several hours at this location, both inside and out. As we were leaving I spotted an old cart in what is left of an outdoor shed - of sorts. It looked quite photogenic, but I wasn't sure I wanted to get the tripod out and take my time. One of my fellow explorers was getting a detail shot though, so after wandering about I decided to get a bit closer to the cart.

Of course, the grass had grown quite a lot and I was careful where I was treading. Or so I thought. As it happens, I stepped forward, and my foot went straight on a large nail. Nail, which was attached to some wood/fence/whatever went through my boot and in to my foot. Bloody marvelous. Actually it wasn't, it was bloody painful. The nail was gripped quite well by my boot, so in traditional comic book fashion, I slowly lifted my leg up to pull the nail out.

The general call was to take my boot off and see the damage. Well I knew the nail had pierced my foot and I saw no point in taking by boot off until I got back to the car. I hobbled away from scene, and then decided, actually, bollocks, I was going to grab a shot of the bloody cart.

As it goes, I am quite pleased with this grab shot

When I got back to the car, boot and sock off, there was a nice neat puncture hole in my foot, just shy of the middle of the arch. Luckily, the boot gripped the nail quite firmly, so any lose rust or muck was "wiped" off the nail before it went in to my foot - well at least that is what I reckon.

Thanks for viewing - there are some more images on my Flickr A couple of detail shots, portraits, that sort of thing :)

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Lovely pictures and write up mate, shame this one got sold out to the papers and sealed :(

The nail story reminded me of this..... :p

:comp

Urbexbandoned

Reaction score
Damo you have a meme for everything haha!

Gambit really nice, every time I see this place the decay is better. Love the organ shot and the inkwell. Great stuff!!

Lenston

Reaction score
Lovely pictures and write up mate, shame this one got sold out to the papers and sealed :( The nail story reminded me of this..... :p

:comp
LOL ^^^^^^^^^^

Some cool pics there (y)

Gambit

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys :)

Didn't know it was sealed now. Shame. Although I don't tend to go back to places, I wouldn't have minded a second visit to this place...

hamtagger

Reaction score
Quality looking places and pics there Gambit as always mate. Fave in the window shot :)

Hope the foot heals soon! :D

And LOL Damo :)