free hit counter
Germany - Cyklonkessel Kraftwerk (September 2020) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Germany Cyklonkessel Kraftwerk (September 2020)

Urban Relics

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanrelics.be
A couple of weeks ago we went on a little road trip through the Alsace area in France and the northern region of the Black forest in Germany. This old powerplant was one of the stops. I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed at first when I saw the amount of vandalism this poor old Kraftwerk had to suffer through. It turned out to be one hell of a challenge to find angles that hadn't been spray canned by graffitiots... Once back home I thought I'd try to 'clean up' some of the damage these morons had done. It quickly turned into a major photoshop project. I'm sure there is still room for improvement, but for now I'm not entirely displeased with the result... 🙂

About the Kraftwerk itself:

This valley, in the northern Black Forest, with its large forest deposits and the then strong water of the nearby river, provided the conditions for the establishment of a large number of wood processing companies and cardboard and paper manufacturers in this region. This old, abandoned power plant was part of the business of a once renowned paper manufacturer. The paper mill had several locations and was even the largest paper manufacturer in the world for a long time. The factory was founded in 1884. The company prospered for over a century. I have not been able to find out why the tide turned from the mid-1990s. The power plant was built in the early 1920s to provide power to the paper mill. In the course of the 1950s it was upgraded with two new Siemens turbines. The old turbines were not removed, but were kept so that they could be switched on again in case of an emergency.

The photos:

Cyklonkessel01-.jpg

Cyklonkessel02.jpg

Cyklonkessel03.jpg

Cyklonkessel04.jpg

Cyklonkessel05.jpg

Cyklonkessel06.jpg

Cyklonkessel07.jpg

Cyklonkessel08.jpg

Cyklonkessel09.jpg

Cyklonkessel10.jpg

Cyklonkessel11.jpg

Cyklonkessel12.jpg

Cyklonkessel13.jpg

Cyklonkessel14.jpg

Cyklonkessel15.jpg

Cyklonkessel16.jpg

Cyklonkessel17.jpg

That's it. Thanks for watching. (y)

BikinGlynn

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Man thats cool, so many pipes & Gauges!

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Since 2012, I have visited this place several times. It's still a fantastic place, but unfortunately the condition partially has deteriorated more and more over the years.
In August 2020, a man broke through a metal plate while exploring and fell 7 meters down, causing life-threatening injuries.