free hit counter
Dalton Tower rooftop views - (visited January 2011) - 2013 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Dalton Tower rooftop views - (visited January 2011) - 2013

ImmortalShadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This was a great visit, apart from the fact I had a really bad cold!

22 flights of stairs climbed and we finally were at the top... I almost died there and then through coughing!

There wasn't much of interest in the actual tower itself as it was pretty stripped out, but the views from the roof were brilliant.

Dalton Tower was a halls-of-residence for students studying at Aston University. It was built in 1970 along with Lawrence and Stafford Towers. In May 2011 Dalton Tower, along with Lawrence Tower, were demolished to make way for new buildings.

On with my photos...

5341208358_a6001bea21_z.jpg

5340573423_11e48a508b_z.jpg

Lawrence Tower's to the left in this photo.

5340571023_011376f485_z.jpg

Just after I'd taken the photo above, a police car pulled up outside the university building. It was funny to see them, but we were crossing our fingers they didn't look up and see us!

There were more places to take photos from, but myself and one other had a train to catch so unfortunately had to leave before we got the chance.

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
22 flights of stairs, that's a lot of stairs!! Nice shots and looks well worth the effort. Thanks for the share :)

ImmortalShadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks, both!

22 flights of stairs, that's a lot of stairs!! Nice shots and looks well worth the effort. Thanks for the share :)
'twas! They'd even spraypainted how many flights of stairs there were so you could see how much further you had to struggle/how many stairs you had to leg it down (ie number 1 when you got up the first flight, 2 when you reached the top of the second flight etc).

One thing that still puzzles me is, what students who lived on the top floor did when they got home really drunk after a night out and the lifts were broken..that's a lot of stairs to navigate when you're hammered! Mind you, you'd sober up fairly quick!

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Many satirs is a rigth killer mate this i know..

Good shots mate ,few more if you have them to add would be nice to see (y)

:comp

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Really do like roof top shot these are cool

Thanks for the share

(y)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice photos there :) , i miss a high high climb

Shush

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thats a really nice set, Id be well chuffed with that, cheers for sharing

ImmortalShadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, all! I need to get up high again...nothing quite like it.

Many satirs is a rigth killer mate this i know..Good shots mate ,few more if you have them to add would be nice to see (y)
It's a nightmare! Well worth it when you have views like that, though :)

Unfortunately, I don't have anymore as the view was fairly restricted where I was. I would've moved about to get other views but ran out of time.