free hit counter
Dannah House Nursing Home Swindon February 2016 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Dannah House Nursing Home Swindon February 2016

klempner69

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This place is only 5 mins walk from me but I had completely forgotten it ever existed,until I went for a walk round my village for exercise after having a Hernia op in January.Later that evening I decided after a beer session to go take a look whilst under the influence and on my own in the rain..all essential ingredients for a man of 57 in his twilight days of exploring.It was quite fun but really rank in there and my first pics came out crap,so I returned during the day to see what I missed..pretty much everything!

A bit of history of Dannah:

This property was sold September 14th 1998 for £355,000 so I am assuming it was turned into Dannah House Nursing Home after this date and opened thereafter..Dannah was refused a license in 2009 by Council officials who carried out a 25 point inspection,but failed all but five points.The residents were moved out shortly after and the building has remained in a derelict state ever since.I found an application to demolish the building and erect a two storey 32 bed care home..this was in 2011,so I assume that permission was refused.I have found the following information listing details of what Dannah offered:
Dannah House is a private residential care home offering accommodation and personal care for up to twenty-four service users over the age of 65 years that require care through old age including people in need of dementia care. 
The Home:
The accommodation consists of one double and 22 single bedrooms, 6 of which are provided with en-suite facilities. Service users' bedrooms are located on the ground and first floor levels. Bedrooms on the first floor can be reached by use of a stair lift. These rooms are only suitable for people who do not have problems with mobility or have dementia care needs. In addition there is an open plan lounge/dining room and a conservatory, plus a laundry room. All service users can be registered with the local Health Centre.
The Costs
As at November 2006, the fees determined after an assesment has taken place typically vary between £350 and £450 per week.
I took a rough gander round after dark and after several beers and produced these awful pictures,but at least they show how poor old Dannah has declined.Paid another visit during the day this time to see what I missed..pretty much everything!!!

Dannah is becoming very overgrown as you can see and it is January

20160130_121935-L.jpg

Night shot and quite drunk

DSC_3805-L.jpg

The brambles are literally climbing over the lower levels

DSC_4448-L.jpg

The communal Lounge

20160216_104929-L.jpg

The damp and mould are reducing any furniture to mush..look at the telly sinking into the unit!

DSC_4439-L.jpg

Home comforts

20160216_105609-L.jpg

Totally rank

20160216_105626-L.jpg

Nature is a coming

20160216_105303-L.jpg

And finally,the neat manicured gardens

20160130_122117-L.jpg

I think you get the picture but if you need more,see the whole sorry mess here:

https://klempner69.smugmug.com/Dannah-House-Swindon-2016/

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Some heavy decay going on in there, love the shot of the plants growing down the wall behind the picture (y)

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
I love that branch growing down the wall, there is a lot of mould in here but it makes great pics. Hope you got over your Op ok :)

:comp  

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeez that is seriously damp. Makes Malverbury look liveable!!  Some great shots there, in fact I think I may treat myself to some more  (y)  

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Lots of moist :D  

You've done well even though you were pissed lol 

Merryprankster

OS Member
Reaction score
liking the look of this, niceley decayed in there for sure, that plant growing up the wall is ace, thanks for sharing dude :D

mookster

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice, pretty local to me as well. Might have to organise a little wander...