free hit counter
Great Britain - Defense Medical Rehabilitation Center, July 2019 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Defense Medical Rehabilitation Center, July 2019

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
The Building
Dating back to 1899 this now decommissioned hospital started off as a rather imposing mansion and owned by the chairman of the bank of England, at the time.
During the Second world war the building became the HQ of the VII corps then later the Canadian corps.
Following the war it the became used as a rehabilitation facility mainly for the RoyalAirForce and joint services after being purchased using the RAF Pilots and Crews funding. The site lost its social club focus and moved to rehabilitate personnel who were even severely injured back to full health.

In 2014 the defense secretary announced all serviced would be moved to a new center opening in June 2018 and this one fully closing in September 2018.

The hospital had roughly 200 members of rehabilitation staff who had been drawn in from all 3 armed forces, Offering a range of therapists, engineers and so on.
Facilites in the hospital provided Hydrotherapy pools, gymnasiums, physiotherapy and prosthetics.

Sources: Wikipedia, rewritten in a series of grammatical errors.

The Explore
This explore was the last on our list for the day giving us only a few hours, which was then shortened after taking the wrong train. Eventually, we pulled up in a woodland with a rather confused taxi driver.

With limited time and knowing that it was likely to be guarded by ex-armed forces, like most places of this nature, we eventually found an area without CCTV and hoped we could get in.

We found ourselves inside one of the older wards and were unsure if we were alone.
Eventually we met with another two inside and moved our way into the former officers mess.

Unusually for me, when it comes to hospitals, i came home with a distinct lack of photos on this one.

The Photos
Older Ward Building.

Communal Area
48513235647_d98eb5f804_b.jpg

Reading Lamp
48514406272_d90b9e83a8_b.jpg

Sports Hall
48514224801_75bc95174e_b.jpg

Bedless ward.
48514222666_396401cdfa_b.jpg

The Officer's Mess
48514220061_9375c3da5e_b.jpg

48514404272_204375cd2b_b.jpg

With that, we had run out of time.

Flickr album (I'll add more photos if I can find them): ,

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Dayyum. That last shot is a stunner. I'd be taking all the angles in there

nightcrawler

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
W
The Building
Dating back to 1899 this now decommissioned hospital started off as a rather imposing mansion and owned by the chairman of the bank of England, at the time.
During the Second world war the building became the HQ of the VII corps then later the Canadian corps.
Following the war it the became used as a rehabilitation facility mainly for the RoyalAirForce and joint services after being purchased using the RAF Pilots and Crews funding. The site lost its social club focus and moved to rehabilitate personnel who were even severely injured back to full health.

In 2014 the defense secretary announced all serviced would be moved to a new center opening in June 2018 and this one fully closing in September 2018.

The hospital had roughly 200 members of rehabilitation staff who had been drawn in from all 3 armed forces, Offering a range of therapists, engineers and so on.
Facilites in the hospital provided Hydrotherapy pools, gymnasiums, physiotherapy and prosthetics.

Sources: Wikipedia, rewritten in a series of grammatical errors.

The Explore
This explore was the last on our list for the day giving us only a few hours, which was then shortened after taking the wrong train. Eventually, we pulled up in a woodland with a rather confused taxi driver.

With limited time and knowing that it was likely to be guarded by ex-armed forces, like most places of this nature, we eventually found an area without CCTV and hoped we could get in.

We found ourselves inside one of the older wards and were unsure if we were alone.
Eventually we met with another two inside and moved our way into the former officers mess.

Unusually for me, when it comes to hospitals, i came home with a distinct lack of photos on this one.

The Photos
Older Ward Building.

Communal Area
View attachment 32260
Reading Lamp
View attachment 32261
Sports Hall
View attachment 32262
Bedless ward.
View attachment 32263

The Officer's Mess
View attachment 32264

View attachment 32265

With that, we had run out of time.

Flickr album (I'll add more photos if I can find them): ,
Wow, and it looks like you will be one of the lucky last to photograph it as it is.