Contact the team

Dr Anna's - Germany - August 2013

Nobby

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Dr Anna's

Visited with member Chaos and non member Markymark

Took a bit of an unasked disaster to get here, we were on route out of Belgium on our way to Germany to our furthest location on our derp list, on route the engine cut out on the motorway! Luckily there was a slip road to coast up and put the hazards on. We couldn't exactly ring the AA so contacted Markymark's euro breakdown cover, not realising it was a bank holiday in Belgium from Thursday (when we broke down) to Monday we suddenly felt a sense of doom and helplessness. The breakdown cover offered to put us up in a hotel until Tuesday, this wasn't going to happen and after a few frustrated phone calls managed to get a tow truck out to us, to cut a long story short and to add insult to injury and fuck up an even more already cocked up situation the tow truck driver slammed on the anchors at a set of traffic lights, the car slammed into the cab of the truck and managed to pierce the radiator, smash the A/C and break the fan and bumper!....he hadn't lashed the car down.

We basically lost pretty much 3/4 of a day with a frustrating language barrier trying to sort the continuation of our trip, we managed to get a hire car and little did they know we pushed on into Germany to our next location.

Dr. Anna's House

A few reports are floating about with various names and monikers. After being here i've got a new found respect for such sites as this, there is so much stuff to look at and a story to be told. You really get a sense of what life was like in this location, all the bits and bobs and photo's, books, documents, medical instruments really do tell a story. The more you look around the more the story unfolds. It was a talking point for days after and will continue to do so for some time. After we arrived and finished here for the day we decided after some noodles and a few Lidl German lagers to return the next day bright and early and document some more.

History

In a quaint quiet small town set in the hills in central Germany lies the house of Dr Anna, The house lies abandoned just off a quiet road a stones throw away from the busy town centre. It's very much a time capsule with an amazing array of interesting items scattered about everywhere you look. It is assumed that in all likelihood the doctor had no children and was more than likely pre deceased.

The building oozes atmosphere, not least on the ground floor where two consulting/operating rooms housing an array of old medical equipment still in place - drugs, surgical equipment, seats with legs, stirrups and operating lights, theres even jars of formaldehyde kidneys in square glass cases.

Also on the ground floor there is a study with a large window that looks over a large now overgrown garden, the room comprises of comfortable looking reading chairs and heavily laden book shelves.

The first floor is reached by a curving stair case and includes the living area of the house with a room that houses a large piano, there is rooms scattered with photo's of all shapes, sizes and styles, there are a large number of slides and tiny negatives which really paint a picture of the life she once lived. Some of the photo's were dated back to 1950's and showed her on holiday, some of which were in London.

There is a grand bedroom with a large bed with neatly pressed clothes still hanging in the wardrobe and a large number of shoes were scattered around the property

This is one of the best explores i've done and will hard to beat in the future.

DSC_5912_zpsd24616df.jpg

DSC_5918_zps8ff82aba.jpg

DSC_5923_zps22f67d4d.jpg

DSC_5927_zps2e2b7a81.jpg

DSC_5929_zpseba592d5.jpg

DSC_5934_zps2d72fd5b.jpg

DSC_5942_zps7c1b7ab6.jpg

DSC_5948_zpsfefd7b6b.jpg

DSC_5951_zps06af7b2d.jpg

DSC_5980_zps6209cee0.jpg

DSC_5989_zps9c4fcb93.jpg

DSC_5991_zps578c3798.jpg

DSC_5997_zps9f7ae307.jpg

DSC_6001_zpsaad827db.jpg

DSC_6002_zpsc0a0f5ac.jpg

DSC_6072_zpsc80d825b.jpg

DSC_6067_zps33d7b0e8.jpg

DSC_6033_zps470e0060.jpg

DSC_6004_zps2a4322d5.jpg

DSC_6011_zpse478aac5.jpg

DSC_6085_zps8862e2e4.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Wow, lovely shots of there! Nice write up as well, I've broken down in France before and it's not fun trying to get back on the road again! Thanks for sharing :)

:comp

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
That really is very nice and one of those places with a little bit of everything and I think your write up says it all.

A proper little splore gem is this and Quality

Thanks for the share Nobby

(y)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
I remember mark telling me all about that trip..shit luck mate , i know the feeling of being stranded in germany!

nice report and pics from this place ,ate (y)

Perjury Saint

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Doesn't get much better than this place!!! No 1 on the ever growing 'list'!! Excellent report n pics dude!! :)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
wonderful stuff here !, cheers :D

Stussy

OS Member
Reaction score
Really like the look of this place, would love to see it for myself. Cracking share (y)

Mon Ster

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
thats is really awesome i need to head out to germany at some point soon ! clearly missing out haha !

Nobby

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. It's a cracking number, hence the reason we went back the next day, I sat there for quite a while browsing through a pile of photos, negatives and slides scattered on the floor, they weren't just photos, they were memories.... Lost ones. It was an honour to have been there and experienced a part of what looks like an extraordinary life. It's one of those "This is why I do it" moments.

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Stunning!! You can't beat organs in a jar!!!