free hit counter
Dr Barnardo's Babies Castle - Kent - August 2012 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Dr Barnardo's Babies Castle - Kent - August 2012

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
I battled with myself about whether to post this report or not.

It's like a opening a packet of Revels and coming across the coffee one, it looks great on the outside, very nice, but inside Urrrgh!!!

The History

The Babies Castle was officially opened on 9th August 1886 this institution was for the reception of babies. In 1908 Babies Castle became a mixed home for children under eight years of age. It was particularly used for babies and young children who, owing to their physical condition, were not suited for boarding out.

HawkBabies1905.jpg

Babies Castle closed, in 1965 and was re-named, appropriately enough, 'Hawkhurst Castle', after the nearby village of the same name and operated as a private nursing home for the elderly.

Capture_9.jpg

In 2006 planning Consent was granted for Babies Castle for conversion to provide a total of 11 residential units

a_1.jpg

IMG_0272ee.jpg

IMG_0270e.jpg

IMG_0275e.jpg

IMG_0286e.jpg

IMG_0274e.jpg

IMG_0271e.jpg

IMG_0274e1.jpg

IMG_0288e.jpg

IMG_0290e.jpg

IMG_0291e.jpg

IMG_0289e.jpg

IMG_0293e.jpg

IMG_0295e.jpg

Thanks for sticking with it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice report Nelly, looks bloody lovely mate shame its all gone to rack and ruin, that said doesn't look

as trashed as eastry or chartham asylums though, surprising what you find tucked away in the countryside

(y)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Ah never been here..nicely done as i gather you showed the less trashed best bits lol

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I went here a few years ago and didn't even take a single picture, plus we got spooked as someone was clearly living in the building as we stumbled across a room with a neatly made bed, slippers at the bottom of it and a burning candle :Gulp:

Nice pics of the place Nelly. :)

dazzer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I went here a few years ago and didn't even take a single picture, plus we got spooked as someone was clearly living in the building as we stumbled across a room with a neatly made bed, slippers at the bottom of it and a burning candle :Gulp: Nice pics of the place Nelly. :)
lmfao i remember that we could smell an incense candle burning and followed our noses im sure he was hiding in the wardrobe, i'd av shat me fooking pants if he jumped out lol