free hit counter
Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London - April 2015 | Page 2 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London - April 2015

Session9

OS Member
Reaction score
Wow, special one that. Seems a world away when I saw Metallica there.

The Lone Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell! That is somewhat spectacular! When I saw those escalator shots I half expected a George A. Romero montage in the next few photos, lol. That roofing gantry is some of the most spectacularly symmetrical urbex sights I've ever seen!

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
That's one HUGE! place, some great shots your have taken!

Spiderruss

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
What's the security like? I went there many times over the years for exhibitions. Would love to have a final visit to the good old place.

weemanG4S

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I used to work here until we were evicted in December. Some many happy times here over the years. This is absolutely criminal what they are doing to the place, it is a London icon and is world famous. Complete vandalism fuelled by corporate greed and corruption by the Tory establishment. So many have lost their jobs, jobs they loved at EC and down below on Lilly Bridge Depot, local businesses haveost trade and if they have their way they will make many more lose their homes now on West Ken and Gibbs Green. Only capco land awaits now.. The building is an empty shell now. So sad. This was OUR BUILDING!

"sir" Terry Farrel (I don't even give him a capital S), TfL EC&O, Capco, Boris the bulldozer & co, hang your heads in shame...

Anyway, some EPIC adventuring here, I don't know how the hell you guys managed to get onto the bloody roof though! But some great (albeit tragic) pics. Massive respect. I thought I'd join up and have a look round the rest of your fantastic site. Keep the good work coming guys and girls.

Earls Court.. Creating Legends since 1937... (Until 2014, destroyed by Capco, Boris and Tory greed) RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to sign up and share your memories mate, you're certainly not the first to contact me about this iconic building I assure you. Lots of people are sorry to see this one disappear and having seen it both as a child myself and in it's current demise it seems a tragic waste. They had a full calendar of events and exhibitions right up until they closed as far as I'm aware. You'll find many more sad stories of other buildings on here, it's one of the main reasons we do what we do, to somehow document places like this before they are gone forever. I'll drop you a pm in the morning as I've been a dirty stopout tonight :p

weemanG4S

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks Raw,

Good to know I'm not alone. Same as your self, I remember visiting the bodies exhibition in Museum Hall in EC1 when I was a kid back in 2006 and being amazed by the sheer mass of the place and then in a strange twist of fate I ended up working there when I came to live here in London three years ago. I've been very attached to the building ever since and I'm outraged about this sad state of affairs.

Yeah, thats right we had plenty of events right up until closing including the first ever Victorias Secret Fashion show in the UK, BBC Music Awards, last EC Staff party, followed by the very last gig in December with the legendary performance by Bombay Bicycle club and David Gilmour with "wish you were here".

Sadly I couldn’t make it on the night as I was tied up with full time work commitments out in Surrey :mad: .

So sad o see the place in such a sorry state, K2 ramp has now been demolished, EC2 has had its roof sliced open like a Swiss role and the iconic "EARLS COURT" neon has been taken down. I fear the sun will soon be shinning down onto the floor of Brompton Hall... :cry:

Thanks again mate.

Looking forward to reading your PM ;)

Cheers, Weeman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your memories there. It's amazing the stories, thoughts and feelings that different people have shared since these posts went up. We didn't think that much of if when we were exploring the place, but looking back at what the place was it's nice that we caught it when we did. (y)

weemanG4S

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Absolutely Maniac.

Its an awesome site and such an iconic building. Please PM me about any potential future visits folks! :wink: