free hit counter
Former Ashworth Hospital - Merseyside- (July 09.) 2013 | Page 2 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Former Ashworth Hospital - Merseyside- (July 09.) 2013

rossfergie

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hi @ASOM.

I am going to a meeting tomorrow morning with the local council and some former colleagues, one of whom provided me with the photographs I mentioned. 

I will ask his permission for me to send some of them to you. We are trying to get a permanent memorial erected to the former Moss Side Hospital (AKA Ashworth) highlighting its role in the treatment of WW1 soldiers, not only it's influence worldwide but the significant role for the local community.   Feel free to use the images I have attached to this reply, they explain a little about what we are trying to do and why. Ok, I've just tried to load the newspaper photos from our campaign but they are too large according to this website! Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

rossfergie

Hi Dubbed Navigator.

I there any solution to the posting issue, I tried to load the newspaper photos and article from our campaign but they are too large according to this website! Any suggestions as to how I could get around this?

Kind Regards

rossfergie

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Hi @ASOM.

I am going to a meeting tomorrow morning with the local council and some former colleagues, one of whom provided me with the photographs I mentioned. 

I will ask his permission for me to send some of them to you. We are trying to get a permanent memorial erected to the former Moss Side Hospital (AKA Ashworth) highlighting its role in the treatment of WW1 soldiers, not only it's influence worldwide but the significant role for the local community.   Feel free to use the images I have attached to this reply, they explain a little about what we are trying to do and why. Ok, I've just tried to load the newspaper photos from our campaign but they are too large according to this website! Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

rossfergie

Hi Dubbed Navigator.

I there any solution to the posting issue, I tried to load the newspaper photos and article from our campaign but they are too large according to this website! Any suggestions as to how I could get around this?

Kind Regards

rossfergie

There's no way of getting around the 2MB upload limit I'm afriad. What format is it in? you can either resize and upload it, or send it in to the [email protected] email address and one of the admin team can take a look at it for you.

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Hi @ASOM.

Kind Regards

rossfergie

Hi Dubbed Navigator.

Kind Regards

rossfergie

Hi there, i have resized them and added them to the thread, hope this helps (y)  

Last edited by a moderator:

ASOM

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i have resized them and added them to the thread, hope this helps (y)  

Nice one Lenston!

Rossfergie - so these are the ones that came from the council and we're ok to use them as far as they're concerned?

Thanks.

rayray0144

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Mr Skeleton Key, like Mr Canonfodder I too worked at former Moss Side Hospital/Ashworth Hospital. I have been retired from there for 4 years now after 34 years of service and yes it was a very interesting place to work in and definitely not for the faint-hearted. It was quite sad for me to see the place in such a sorry state. I have quite a lot of photographs taken just prior to the demolition when all the foliage had been removed from around the buildings and some during the demolition. the place has an amazing history that is worth looking up, especially it's role during WW1 and the pioneering work carried out into 'Shellshock' that we know today as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD.

Anyone who has worked in this place and says they weren't scared is lying!
I was once a resident there, and it was appauling to be a patient in the place ( the old Mossside site), 3/4 of the staff were Thugs, the other 1/4 was to scared to say anything because of the thuggery from the union as well., when the strike happened in the early 80`s the decent staff who lived on site had their homes spray painted by the union staff.... I for one am glad the old Moss side site has closed for the better of the poor patients who had to stay in there long term.. good ridence to all the union staff and very bad apples what was there !!!