free hit counter
Great Britain - Greeba Boarding Kennels - Isle of Man 2019 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Greeba Boarding Kennels - Isle of Man 2019

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Explored with my partner, who told me about this place, was completely unaware that i was passing it on the bus every day until she told me about it... Wasn't really expecting it to be that good but really enjoyed it. Didn't look like we were going to find a way in at first but i found what i thought was a pretty cool access point, even if it was a bit cobweby  :spider:

ZoOw8PL.jpg

9AkEJg2.jpg

R6y6Aai.jpg

odARuGU.jpg

Not sure exactly when it closed but they closed due to being an awful place to leave your dog, they sound pretty bad and from what I've heard i wouldn't leave a dog with them. Here is a 'review' from 2008;

"We have used the one at Greeba a few years back and I decided not to return when, on collection, our Lab jumped into the boot of the car with such force that he, literally, bounced back out again. I also read in the paper not long after that they had lost a dog and some kind of hearing resulted. I can't remember if they had their licence revoked or had been fined, but they stopped taking boarders after that."

Mklrgl2.jpg

CobIlAi.jpg

sZrkQTw.jpg

mWVuP34.jpg

YfoYkRU.jpg

1choY49.jpg

BxAq5qI.jpg

Gmt03TU.jpg

4A7cDom.jpg

NCCfwEU.jpg

gayDnbk.jpg

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I'm not sure we've ever had any boarding kennels posted before, good to see.

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Pretty cool and a bit different too mate :)  Suppose being on an island it keeps the tourbus away :)  

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool and a bit different too mate :)  Suppose being on an island it keeps the tourbus away :)  
Yeah it was something completely different, probably one of my favourite explores this year, well so far anyway. And yeah being on an island is good for that but also sucks a bit for the lack of hospitals ? 

Urban_Moocher

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice report, interesting too, been to a fair number of kennels in my time, all open though  :6_smile:

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Never seen before, I especially like the photos of the corridors. 
After what I read in your report, it's good that this place has been closed.

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Never seen before, I especially like the photos of the corridors. 
After what I read in your report, it's good that this place has been closed.
Yeah I thought it was something a bit different, and had some nice corridor shots to offer, and yeah it’s definitely a good thing that they are no longer open!