Contact the team

Italy Greenland (Jun 2017)

Tomvandutch

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.tomvandutch.de
This "Parco Greenland" amusement park, which was shut down in 2009, is located on a large site in Groane Park near the metropolis of Milan. The stillness and tranquility in this amusement park is truly exceptional. The amusement park was built between 1964 and 1965 and opened in 1965.

Streams of visitors financed constant growth in the first few years. To date, the entire area has fallen into disrepair due to mismanagement, illegal activities and breaches of security regulations. Ultimately, the park was closed due to various disputes over ownership of the area. In recent years, the amusement park has been monitored and protected by various security services. From time to time there was also repeated demolition work.

Today, nature is reclaiming the good old steel roller coaster and rides. Immediately after the opening, the small park grew rapidly and became a magnet for visitors with its countless attractions. During my visit, I was alone on the huge site, without any queues or waiting times in front of the attractions.

From many rides only the foundations and a few information signs are left. Others are still completely there. Almost ready for use, only the shoulder-high lawn needs to be cut again.

DSC09872-HDR.jpg
DSC09875-HDR.jpg
DSC09878-HDR.jpg
DSC09881-HDR.jpg
DSC09884-HDR.jpg
DSC09887-HDR.jpg
DSC09896-HDR.jpg
DSC09899-HDR.jpg
DSC09902-HDR.jpg
DSC09911-HDR.jpg
DSC09916-HDR.jpg
DSC09920-HDR.jpg
DSC09925-HDR.jpg
DSC09929-HDR.jpg
DSC09932-HDR.jpg
DSC09943-HDR.jpg
DSC09950-HDR.jpg

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Love an abandoned theme park. I don't think I've seen this one before. Nice one

petemccollister

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
It's fascinating to hear about your visit to the "Parco Greenland" amusement park in Groane Park near Milan! It's quite a journey to explore an abandoned amusement park, and it must have been a unique experience to have the entire place to yourself. It's a bit sad to hear about the park's decline due to mismanagement and disputes over ownership, but nature has a way of reclaiming its space, and it's interesting to see how the rides are slowly being engulfed by the surroundings. If you ever decide to explore entertainment parks in the United States, there are some fantastic ones to visit. They offer a different kind of thrill, and you might enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.

Last edited:

Tomvandutch

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.tomvandutch.de
It's fascinating to hear about your visit to the "Parco Greenland" amusement park in Groane Park near Milan! It's quite a journey to explore an abandoned amusement park, and it must have been a unique experience to have the entire place to yourself. It's a bit sad to hear about the park's decline due to mismanagement and disputes over ownership, but nature has a way of reclaiming its space, and it's interesting to see how the rides are slowly being engulfed by the surroundings. If you ever decide to explore entertainment parks in the United States, there are some fantastic ones to visit. They offer a different kind of thrill, and you might enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
The US is on my bucket list.
Specially the Detroit area.