Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Hello Explorers

Reaction score
I hail from the city of Brotherly Love: Philadelphia PA. Hope to meet a lot of people to share stories, places, and images.

I am a retired US Army Combat Veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. I have been to many different countries and love exploring and documenting places both Photographically and Videographicaly. I have a passion to seek out and explore places that have been lost and forgotten. I am a full time student now about to graduate with 2 degrees in two majors: Digital Video Production and Video Editing, and my second Major Is Photography bot digital and old school film. I hope to make life long friends that share the passion of exploring the lost and forgotten places and preserving those places through Photographic and Video Documentation. I also hope to find people that are of the same caliber and explore places with the mindset of taking nothing from sites except leaving footprints and leaving with Images, videos and amazing memories.

AndyK!

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Hey, welcome to OS. Sounds like you have some interesting experiences behind you.

In general, exploring videos are frowned upon here because they are usually of low quality and often detrimental to the hobby. However, good quality, well produced videos are always welcome, and with your qualifications it sounds like you'll be producing some pretty good content! I'm looking forward to seeing it, so feel free to post up on here, and we always appreciate a few photos to accompany any videos too :)

OP
Philly Dazs RED
Reaction score
Thanks for the support and the kind words, I will always do my best to portray the Urban Exploration community for for what it is, in general, responsible, environmentally conscious people that desire to achieve the sights of the past with a nod to the future, preserving knowledge that is slipping away due to technologies replacement of the mundane.

Funny I have been saying for the past several years as I watched my childhood home go from being with only $30,000.00 to now $450,000.00 (unrenovated) due to gentrification. My childhood house was purchased by my great grandparents from Poland in the Greenwich neighborhood of Philadelphia, and ever since then I used to climb onto old defunct factory rooftops, old sugar cane piers on the waterfront, always exploring and finding remnants of life from dockworkers in the 20s and 30s including coal rail tracks that received coal from the old ships.

So besides my military world traveling and cultural experiences I have always had the deep desire to find out the history of where I was raised. My Neighborhood and Philadelphia gave me that fulfillment to cause me to always look at things from the urban exploration eye.

I'll shut up now , and i hope everyone has a great weekend. I have a few structures I think I am going to use nothing but a cell phone right up for one, and then a gopro hero 5 on another using all manual modes to make it a challenge for getting some sick lighting effects... take care all see you out in the world and remember, Research, Explore, Document, That is what RED means in my name. RED is the name of my Crew, we are just starting up as we have tons of places in philly as it is going through a full and total gentrification.

I invite anyone who would like to do Urban Inner City Abandoned Houses in Philly to get at me on here, message me or whatever. My social media stuff will be up shortly today/\.

Peace, and safe travels

Last edited:

obscureserenity

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum!

We look forward to seeing some of your stuff and if you have any questions or queries don't hesitate to ask one of us!

Enjoy :)