See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Hi from The Netherlands

Craig

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am Craig, I am English but live in the Netherlands (right up the top right part). I have been interested in old places for a while. Just did not realise it was a "Thing"

I travel tracks and trails around Europe and love stumbling across old places off the beaten track.

hamtagger

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Hi Craig, welcome to the forum. Plenty of cool stuff on here if you have a browse. If you need anything just shout :)

obscureserenity

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Hi Craig, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately we do not have a location map but we do have a handy search bar to help you find places :) If you need any advice on the forum let us know. 

The_Raw

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Craig. Finding and researching locations yourself is much more rewarding. Start your own map ?

AndyK!

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Hi Craig, welcome to OS. We don't see much from the top part of Netherlands, much more from the south towards Belgium, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you've found up there.

OP
Craig

Craig

Reaction score
Urbexing is new to me. When i was younger we just called it exploring. 

Anyway. The reason i was curious about maps was that i spend hundreds of hours finding tracks and trails that i ride. This year i ride from north east Holland, Mussel , down through Holland then into Germany then back into Belguim towards the coast then into France where i head towards Paris. From there i turn towards Normandy for the 75th D Day celebrations......all on trails and tracks. 

I was hoping to find some places of interest along my route, or at least close by. 

I have already found one. Just over the Belguim boarder there is a house that, supposedly the owner kept people in the cellar till thier death. 

I only have 8 weeks before i leave and most of my time at present is taken with rebuilding my bike after a catastrophic engine failure. 

I look forward to the future here. 

Below is a picture of the bike i ride in 7 weeks. All my time is in that at the moment. 

20190322_205549.jpg

Andy

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Hi Craig, welcome to forum! 

Even you won't find a location map here, I hope you like the forum and that you will participate with posts. Abandoned places from the Netherlands are quite rare here, so I'm looking forward to the photos of your explorations.

seaside_rambler

O.S Friend AAA
Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Greetings, enjoy your stay at motel oblivion. I also explore and not urbex too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubbed Navigator

Webmaster
Staff member
Webmaster
Forum admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I too am eager to see some content from that area. Look forward to seeing you getting involved.