Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

High Royds Lunatic Asylum, Leeds - Feb 2015

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Recently realised i never did anything with my High Royds Photos.

You all know the history so i wont bore you with that... Heres how it all played out;

How I got a restraining order from a building...

Cast your mind back to February... 2 years since the last report on High Royds and as conversion was well underway everyone thought the place was gone. Until one dark cold night when myself Raz and Ant took a mosey on over to see what was left and we were amazed to find that the admin building and a ward near the back of the site hadn't been touched. SWEET!

So we waited till the weekend, and we retruned with the cameras. We spent a good few hours roaming around having a laugh until whilst stood in one of the corridoors we hear voices... and the owners of said voices come around the corner in their high vis and read us our rights. Great we've been arrested....

After a while the dickhead who had arrested us realised we weren't actually doing anything wrong and he backed off, called off the dog unit and left the decent officers to deal with us. After convincing them we were only there to take pictures, the officers took us over to the housing develpment office to speak with the lady in the showroom.

As we walked in there was a couple speaking with her about buying a house, she took one look at the police, then at us filthy and clearly being detained, and they left. Ooops.

With the development lady in tow, we went into the show house where we were made to apologise to the lady. She then left us alone with the cops, who wrote out restraining orders for the lot of us and then one of them walked over the brightest white carpet ive ever seen in muddy boots.

"Looks like your not the only ones getting their wrists slapped today" He said looking at what he'd done.

So we and the police made a quick exit before we were caught.

So in one day, we were arrested, ruined a carpet, and got banned from entering the premises until Feb 2016 (y)

Photos;

22330775330_3409801d1c_b.jpg

21895993454_96080653b0_b.jpg

22518716545_f792e52190_b.jpg

22519046025_8f78728ab2_b.jpg

22331890519_7f15845f02_b.jpg

22331023578_cf6ca428a5_b.jpg

22331891859_ba4cb7b339_b.jpg

22505271822_69f5d4dbd0_b.jpg

22492740836_4bcd1eb4c2_b.jpg

22332223489_ff40296a96_b.jpg

I apologise for some of the above photos if they make your eyes bleed... This was when i still thought HDR was cool. Sins of my youth :sad:

Thanks for looking (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Some cool shots there mate and that write up hahaha!! Eventful day indeed :D

:comp

Funlester

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Oh you got in the clock tower, that was closed off when I was there :(

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
Oh you got in the clock tower, that was closed off when I was there :(
This was Feb before the tour buses started rolling up, they had no need to block it up back then (y)

Ferox

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice pics mate and a cool write up. Sounds an eventful mooch (y) Urblex and I almost can unstuck with the police here in Feb aswell. Luckly we seen them driving down the drive and managed to get out unscathed :D

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
The photos are pretty good fella, to be honest i didn't even realise they were HDR until you mentioned it, nice clock tower shot as well (y)

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Ahh it was you that got arrested. I remember the commotion at the time on facefuck.

At least you got a good set of pics, I went in February too and the clock tower was open then as well but with a PIR. (y)

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice pics mate and a cool write up. Sounds an eventful mooch (y) Urblex and I almost can unstuck with the police here in Feb aswell. Luckly we seen them driving down the drive and managed to get out unscathed :D
Cheers mate :) We definitely weren't that lucky :lol:

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
The photos are pretty good fella, to be honest i didn't even realise they were HDR until you mentioned it, nice clock tower shot as well (y)
Ant was pretending to be a gymnast lol.

Cheers for the kind words (y)

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
Ahh it was you that got arrested. I remember the commotion at the time on facefuck. At least you got a good set of pics, I went in February too and the clock tower was open then as well but with a PIR. (y)
Yeah that was us, guilty as charged :lol:

There was a PIR when we went, think that's how we got caught if I'm being honest (y)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I apologise for some of the above photos if they make your eyes bleed... This was when i still thought HDR was cool. Sins of my youth :sad:
You mean you don't keep your original photos? Always keep the originals somewhere and edit copies (y) .

Nice set of photos, I was chatting with Raz the other day about your adventure here, I can't believe they got you to sign an ASBO, that's a new one on me. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
You mean you don't keep your original photos? Always keep the originals somewhere and edit copies (y) . Mice set of photos, I was chatting with Raz the other day about your adventure here, I can't believe they got you to sign an ASBO, that's a new one on me. :eek:
I keep originals now, i didn't then. Yeah it was bullshit lol. i will find my copy of it and send you a pic mate (y)