free hit counter
Highgate Station, London - April 2016 | Page 2 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Highgate Station, London - April 2016

WildBoyz

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
If you use Oyster or tap in and out with a contactless card, the total cost is capped at a set amount per day, they just bill you once for all the journeys you've done that day. Also for small journeys, the bus is cheaper than the tube, but for longer journeys it can take a lot longer. City Mapper really is your friend, it tells you everything you need to know about getting around in London on public transport. Also regarding the single yellows, do look for signage. If there is no signage indicating times, then it's usually safe to assume you can park there on a sunday. If in doubt, do as the locals do. If there's other cars parked there then it's usually OK, but do look carefully - I've had my car towed in London before and it's no fun trying to get it back.
I will save this post for future reference :p  Useful stuff to know. Thanks man. 

I can imagine getting towed in London is a proper ball ache. 

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice to see this little place again, doesn't look much different from when I went except a bit more moss and overgrowth. Strange how you are right in the city yet being down there it almost feels like you are in the countryside. Sounds are silenced out, the hustle and bustle above you is going on regardless but for some strange reason there isn't much noise down there. I like the old and new comparisons too. Maniac gave soe good advice too, I haven't driven in London for a long time. Much rather tube it :) Thanks for sharing :)

WildBoyz

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice to see this little place again, doesn't look much different from when I went except a bit more moss and overgrowth. Strange how you are right in the city yet being down there it almost feels like you are in the countryside. Sounds are silenced out, the hustle and bustle above you is going on regardless but for some strange reason there isn't much noise down there. I like the old and new comparisons too. Maniac gave soe good advice too, I haven't driven in London for a long time. Much rather tube it :) Thanks for sharing :)
Yeah, I was really surprised to find that parts of London can be so quiet and empty. Being from the much quieter north, it was a nice break from the hustle and bustle :)  

Agreed, Maniac's advice was spot on. Good to know next time we visit the area!