Contact the team

USA Hotel California - Oct 2020

WesternKentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I explored what is oddly called Hotel California: It is neither a hotel nor in California or even near California. It is located in a massive wildlife refuge in the middle of Kentucky between two lakes. The house, which was last inhabited in 1965 has become a popular haunt for the locals of the area. It is by far the largest structure left from the pre-TVA era of the Land Between the Lakes era.

The building has somehow escaped the bulldozer multiple times and now rests in a forested hollow, far removed from civilization.

When I went to check it out I knew I wasn't going to expect much but it turned out to be a magical experience.

Not only did I meet quite a few people while I was there, but the place has become an art gallery for all the local graffiti artists.

So while a not super amazing find, I think it has magic to it because it has become a place ruled by no one that everyone can go and enjoy.

hotel_california_big_landslide_into_house_interior_wm.png hotel_california_cant_profile_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_cityscape_dark_garage_interior_wm.png hotel_california_cool_full_interior_wm.png hotel_california_doorway_into_house_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_face_in_the_tree_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_flower_cool_interior_wm.png hotel_california_front_profile_of_hotel_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_jack_o_lattern_interior_wm.png hotel_california_panda_express_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_peekaboo_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_psychadellic_jellyfish_interior_wm.png hotel_california_red_is_sus_interior_wm.png hotel_california_second_floor_hallway_interior_wm.png hotel_california_side_profile_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_smiley_ghost_interior_wm.png hotel_california_stairwell_creepy_interior_wm.png hotel_california_trees_aint_even_safe_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_well_maintained_trail_exterior_wm.png hotel_california_yellow_is_the_imposter_interior_wm.png

We also did a video of this place which is really short as the place was very tiny: