free hit counter
Germany - Hotel Charola (visited March 2018) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Germany Hotel Charola (visited March 2018)

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
 ​

History

Once the magnificent property in East Germany housed a spa building. Around 1950, the building was converted into a hotel, which was given the name of a Duchess. In the 90s, it was closed for cost reasons, since it decays visibly.​

​

The Explore

Access was easy; the front door was locked, but some open windows and a open door at the back.
My first visit was in 2011. Now I returned to see how the building has changed over the past seven years.​

Many ceilings and floors had collapsed meanwhile, and some areas I could't enter therefore. Unfortunately, some things were destroyed by vandalism or were stolen. For example, all banisters and the ornamented window arches. But on the other hand, the natural decay of the past few years has been very interesting.​

​

​

1​

bild01.jpg

​

2​

bild02.jpg

​

3​

bild03.jpg

​

4​

bild04.jpg

​

5​

bild05.jpg

​

6​

bild06.jpg

​

7​

bild07.jpg

​

8​

bild08.jpg

​

9​

bild09.jpg

​

10​

bild10.jpg

​

11​

bild11.jpg

​

12​

bild12.jpg

​

​

Here are also a few comparison pictures and some photos from 2011 of rooms that couldn't be entered anymore today.​

​

​

13​

bild13.jpg

​

14​

bild14.jpg

​

15​

bild15.jpg

​

16​

bild16.jpg

​

17​

bild17.jpg

​

18​

bild18.jpg

​

19​

bild19.jpg

​

20​

bild20.jpg

​

21 - Also this rose has been gone due to the collapse of the ceiling.​

bild21.jpg

​

​

​

​

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Really like these 'before and after' reports of yours. Great to see the difference but sad at the same time :(  

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice Andy, great pictures as always (y)

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Really nice Andy, literally just finished looking through your album on FB for this one. I love that green in number 19! Really like those paintings? On the wall in 11 too. (y)  

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
photo #7 ...doesn't look like there'd be even enough room to stand if the floor was there????

The upper room was really low, that's right. But you could stand in it, even if the ceiling wasn't very high. Nothing for tall people ...

But maybe they canged the high of some ceilings when the building was converted into a hotel, I think.

peanutbutter_crackers

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
The upper room was really low, that's right. But you could stand in it, even if the ceiling wasn't very high. Nothing for tall people ...

But maybe they canged the high of some ceilings when the building was converted into a hotel, I think.

Oh I see. Yeah looks like us short people would be ok but no one much taller than that! :p. Must have been altered like you mentioned at some point