Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

How are you getting on in lockdown?

Dubbed Navigator

Webmaster
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
So right now (as reported by the guardian), 20% of the worlds population is in lockdown. Thats a staggering amount.

How are you getting on with it? relatively easily or climbing up the walls?

I'm classified as a key worker, so I am at least able to get out and about in that sense. I also have a child in school, that now obviously can't go as mum is at home, so that is.... interesting.!

It is the perfect opportunity to get some stuff done in the house, or be a lazy bastard. Me, i have gone for a bit of both.

Whats irritating you the most? for me its the selfishness of a lot of people either not playing ball with the lockdown, or panic buying everything possible.

I can't believe in 2020, flour is costing (at best, if you can get it) £10 / kilo. Madness

And finally, what positives can you take from it so far?

I think its great that local communities on facebook etc are coming together like some are.

The Excursionists

Reaction score
I'm a university student and found myself becoming massively lazy. Not been out as I am self-isolating anyways. Planning to finally catch up on my work this week and get out on some walks. Need to sit and plan many trips and days out urbex wise once the lockdown restrictions are lifted as-well. I can deal with it for now. My PC keeps me occupied :)

AndyK!

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Doing lots of DIY projects. Decorating, replacing the stairs banister, sorting the garden out. Keeping myself pretty busy really. Also taking the opportunity to catch up on midweek drinking, and slowly becoming an alcoholic!

I'm enjoying the "togetherness" of the online communities, it's reassuring to know people are there for you when you can't see them physically.

The Excursionists

Reaction score
Doing lots of DIY projects. Decorating, replacing the stairs banister, sorting the garden out. Keeping myself pretty busy really. Also taking the opportunity to catch up on midweek drinking, and slowly becoming an alcoholic!

I'm enjoying the "togetherness" of the online communities, it's reassuring to know people are there for you when you can't see them physically.
Mid-week drinks catch up is a very good idea

Dmc68

Reaction score
The Mrs has found me plenty to do, basically all the jobs iv'e been putting off, pressure washed the side and front path, finished the porch roof, chopped up a load of scrap timber for kindling, finished the work I needed to to do on my car, put up a strip light, started to make the pergola, updated my google maps with pins on places to go to when this thing is over, nearly finished a 1000 piece jigsaw of a Spitfire, but yesterday spent binge watching Chicago FD, got through 2 seasons. And that's only week one.

OP
Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator

Webmaster
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score

I agree a lot with this, I have a local FB group for the leicester lot and its really active. Video chats, group quiz etc. The community as a whole has if anything got tighter knit.

Nothing really to put things simply. Apart from driving occasionally to walk the dogs I can't really do anything apart from find locations which I can't visit yet. On the bright side petrol is cheap.
Having about a dozen dog walking areas on my doorstep has its advantages!

The Mrs has found me plenty to do, basically all the jobs iv'e been putting off, pressure washed the side and front path, finished the porch roof, chopped up a load of scrap timber for kindling, finished the work I needed to to do on my car, put up a strip light, started to make the pergola, updated my google maps with pins on places to go to when this thing is over, nearly finished a 1000 piece jigsaw of a Spitfire, but yesterday spent binge watching Chicago FD, got through 2 seasons. And that's only week one.

Does she want to send you round to mine as well? :D

TonyFisher

Reaction score
Well I work from home anyway and I go out when I want so it's not having much affect. The only thing I miss is my weekly visit to the pub. This is probably a good time to do some exploring with less eyes on you. Most exploring involves extreme social distancing so no need to feel guilty. As for panic buying I think in reality it's just common sense since there is a genuine risk of shortages. If I wait for 2 weeks to see toilet paper I'll buy what I can when I do see it. I'm not going to be the hero with a dirty arse. Having said that I would be too embarrassed to carry 10 packs out of the shop.
I'd rather die from the virus than take part in an "online community" or any of the other artificial cringe worthy activities. My imagination extends beyond any of that.

OP
Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator

Webmaster
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Well I work from home anyway and I go out when I want so it's not having much affect. The only thing I miss is my weekly visit to the pub. This is probably a good time to do some exploring with less eyes on you. Most exploring involves extreme social distancing so no need to feel guilty. As for panic buying I think in reality it's just common sense since there is a genuine risk of shortages. If I wait for 2 weeks to see toilet paper I'll buy what I can when I do see it. I'm not going to be the hero with a dirty arse. Having said that I would be too embarrassed to carry 10 packs out of the shop.
I'd rather die from the virus than take part in an "online community" or any of the other artificial cringe worthy activities. My imagination extends beyond any of that.
Im not in agreement about it being time to explore. im not going to get into a rant about it, but there’s just too much at stake. I’m also quite happy with 2 packs of bog roll. There will be more in a couple of weeks.

OS is an online community, although I’m assuming you mean the local groups on Facebook?

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Driving to a derp is not classed as essential travel unfortunately, even though the activity involves distancing yourself from people. Quite annoying really but its the nature of the beast. Soon we'll be out at the other side of all this, and there will be a lot of things we won't take for granted. From an exploring point of view, in theory this will give me a chance to catch up with some photo processing and post a few reports. I've already decided on what I hope to be my first explore, post lockdown ? ?

Irishmanlost

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Currently digging three tunnels, gonna call them tom, dick and harry. But desperately need more wood !

BikinGlynn

Reaction score
Im was absolutely loving it (but back at work now)
I live on my own & have a house to restore & 2 cars to do too. I love walking with my camera & of course cycling so really enjoying just strolling into the fields.
I havent been exploring as such but one of my local walks is Grafton airfield & Harrington airfield so always stuff to see.
I find it quite bizzare how anyone can be bored but thats just me, i am always finding something to do!
The only bad thing for me is not being able to drive & explore, oh & I havent seen my girlfriend for 9 weeks now as we live seperate!

OP
Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator

Webmaster
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Im was absolutely loving it (but back at work now)
I live on my own & have a house to restore & 2 cars to do too. I love walking with my camera & of course cycling so really enjoying just strolling into the fields.
I havent been exploring as such but one of my local walks is Grafton airfield & Harrington airfield so always stuff to see.
I find it quite bizzare how anyone can be bored but thats just me, i am always finding something to do!
The only bad thing for me is not being able to drive & explore, oh & I havent seen my girlfriend for 9 weeks now as we live seperate!

Boredom certainly isnt it for me, as you say, always plenty to do.

The kids are a bit different, but that is to be expected.

I did think there may be another baby boomer period, but then again, there may be just as many breakups. Cant be easy.

Lenston

Reaction score
Chaotic at the hospital where i work, i wish i could sit at home and chill lol, new morgue space being built as we speak. From what we are seeing this end i would be keeping well away from groups until there is a medicine or vaccine to fight this.

BikinGlynn

Reaction score
Chaotic at the hospital where i work, i wish i could sit at home and chill lol, new morgue space being built as we speak. From what we are seeing this end i would be keeping well away from groups until there is a medicine or vaccine to fight this.
Yeah must be tough for u there.
I am fortunate I like my own company too so not met up with anyone & Im happy with that.
Bit annoying being back at work when 75% of the workforce arnt, but Im one of the most important in the company so I can appreciate the boss is doing everything he can to keep us afloat.
Trouble is there isnt really anyone making up the rules, we are a steel fabricator & supplier so not what you would call "essential" but as my boss keeps saying there isnt actually anything saying we cant trade. Only reason we stopped was because our main supplier stopped too, but they have also returned this week!

Sectionate

Reaction score
I have plenty to do with working from home, but I am getting on well and many little projects around the house are getting completed. I have also started cooking properly again, experimented with a dark room set up and tidied up the garden!

I do want to meet up with friends though as a phone call just isn't the same.

My brother is an ICU nurse and the thing that has worried me is how he has described work as the new normal. It does sound a bit bleak.

Lenston

Reaction score
I have plenty to do with working from home, but I am getting on well and many little projects around the house are getting completed. I have also started cooking properly again, experimented with a dark room set up and tidied up the garden!

I do want to meet up with friends though as a phone call just isn't the same.

My brother is an ICU nurse and the thing that has worried me is how he has described work as the new normal. It does sound a bit bleak.
Starting to see some progress aslong as the idiots dont ruin it when the lockdown is eased!