free hit counter
USA - Jackson Sanitarium - Castle on The Hill - New York | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

USA Jackson Sanitarium - Castle on The Hill - New York

3:00am Urban Explorer

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure to explore the wonderful building

Basement Hallway 001.jpg

Basement Hallway 002.jpg

Basement Hallway 003.jpg

Basement Hallway 004.jpg

Basement Hallway 005.jpg

Jackson Sanitarium - Elevator.jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (4).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (5).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (6).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (7).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (8).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (9).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (10).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (11).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (12).jpg

Jackson Sanitorium - Outside View (13).jpg

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Difficult to tell if this was a good explore or not from these pictures and ideally you should include some history of the place in your description. I'm not sure what ratio your phone camera (?) is set to but the pictures are very long. Photos generally look better with something like 9:16 or 3:4. Anyway, just my two cents.

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know why it's so grainy... I've purchased a new camera and plan on going back... I have the video posted on YouTube

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Were you shooting with a phone? They aren't great for shooting in low light unfortunately so that's probably why. Look forward to seeing some camera shots.

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Good effort with getting this up, and yes, the pictures aren't great - but some context would make it a lot better. Do you know anything about it? perhaps a whizz on google would help with its history?
It looks a big place and I imagine you were there a while - you must have something more to say :)

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Good effort with getting this up, and yes, the pictures aren't great - but some context would make it a lot better. Do you know anything about it? perhaps a whizz on google would help with its history?
It looks a big place and I imagine you were there a while - you must have something more to say :)
Yeah I was there for about 3 hrs. I believe it has 5 floors basement and roof... I wasn't able to make it to the roof because I didn't trust the middle staircase. This place was awesome to explore. Deff going back. The problem is the police keep a pretty close eye on it legit sit right in front of the building thought I was nailed for sure.. lol. Alot of the kitchen appliances are still in there