Contact the team

Kent Meet Up - Spring 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
What a saga, well let me start at the beginning. I was supposed to be traveling down with DiGiTalReePeR and Thurisaz (Both from 28WL) I was told to get the bus down to London Victoria with Thurisaz and that DiG would pick us up from there and take us to the hotel that he had already booked for us, then we would head down to Dover early on Saturday morning.

We arrive at london at 9.00pm tried to ring DiG at least 20 times, no answer, we were standing round on the corner of the bus station for 2 and a half hours, we finally get a text saying that he has a problem with his car and we are told to get the train to Hemal Hempstead and he'll come and give us a lift in a mates car, we arrive at about midnight, we try ringing DiG again, no reply, we wait until 1am.

So we are stranded in the middle of nowhere with no idea what is going on so we decided to get a taxi to the nearest premier inn, we sleep the night there and get up at 7am to try and ring DiG again, still....no reply, we wait until 11am and we were on the verge of just saying f**k it lets just go home.

We get the train to London and looked at the train prices to Dover, then we made the decision that we didnt want some twat to ruin the trip and lets just go for it.

We arrived in Dover for about 2pm and met up with Solarpowered and The Gas Man / Zombie as well as the Teen Tunnel Team.

Drop Redoubt

Picture47-1.png

Picture46-1.png

Picture32-1.png

Picture33-1.png

Picture37-1.png

Picture34-1.png

Picture35.png

North Casemates

Picture40-1.png

Picture39-1.png

Picture38-1.png

The crawl between the north and south casemates was epic, we made the terrible mistake of sending the most arachnophobic person first, who promptly found a nest of the the buggers along the tunnel, and somehow managed to turn around and climb over the top of the person behind him, meanwhile we were stood back at the entrance to the tunnel and we could only hear muffled screams and shouts along the lines of

aaaaaahhhhh, theres a f**cking big one......KILL IT.......ITS STILL MOVING.......I CAN SEE ITS LEGS.........SH*T THERES MORE!!!!......etc

Theres a great video of it somewhere

Picture41-1.png

Oil Mills

We covered both upper and lower oil mills, upper was very impressive, lower was just huge. I didnt get any pictures worth showing in lower as it was more of an explore and less of a photoshoot, needless to say sliding down the dust into the two lowest was great fun. Although it was slightly scary when i hit my shoulder on the wall and a pretty large chunk of the wall fell down :eek:

Picture43-1.png

Picture44-1.png

Overall I think it was a great trip (we're all heading back down in the next two weeks, so if anyone is interested pm me) big thumbs up to Solarpowered for showing us oil mills etc, and huge thanks to pinkfluff and Zombie for letting us crash at their place.

Peace, out

Shadow

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.