free hit counter
langdon deep shelter/fan bay deep shelter 25/05/10 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

langdon deep shelter/fan bay deep shelter 25/05/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
I know this has been covered here..but since my last posts where made using my nokia canera fone i just wanted to show you guys what ive done since i got my sony dslr...thx!

And this is same post i have used elsewhere never enuff hours n the day to redo the wording etc..

I borrowed a tripod for this but due to time constraints only did a few long exposure shots as was my first time trying

Right first langdon hole

THis was frist long exposure.i got iso all wrong but relaised after !

iamurbex.jpg

DSC00767.jpg

this had to be taken ..well everyone else did

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

dont hate me ..yes a flash

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

Right some of fan bay and nly one long exposure

this being it..with iso set on 100..

longexposure.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

not my cans i drink kronenbourg
DSC00782.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

Right had more pics..but its late so that'll do..only prob with tonight was as we came out it was foggy and very dark and had trouble finding the car ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
not bad at all mate, defo an improvement. Keep up the hard work, practice makes perfect :cool2:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
not bad at all mate, defo an improvement. Keep up the hard work, practice makes perfect :cool2:
I kow its near enuff the same post well it is..but just wanted to show some work with tripod and non flash sots even tho only a couple..and the new camera wokred better for me down these places than ellington shlter the chalk isnt that much fun to snap! :)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
The only comment I will make is you need to perfect your focussing, as some of those are out of focus.

On a posive side thou, you've lit them well so you can see what the picture if actually of, and you've picked some good angles. (y)

:)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
The only comment I will make is you need to perfect your focussing, as some of those are out of focus.On a posive side thou, you've lit them well so you can see what the picture if actually of, and you've picked some good angles. (y)

:)
Focusing im with you on..was at times a tad difficult to get some light where i needed to focus on, but practise and all that..and maniac..most where taken with a flash just easier place to photograph..did use tripod and long exposure for a few shots just to try me hand and had to nick me mates tripod off him..

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I cheat with focussing, trying to do it manually is near enough impossible. All you need to do is get some light on one of your focus points so the autofocus has something to focus on.

Also as a bit of a cheating method, on most len's any distance over 6-8 metres away registers as infinity on the camera, so all you have to do is lock the camera on something over 8 metres away, and everything else is magically in focus as well. I often do this once, then focus lock it so my camera is locked on infinity, that way you don't have to focus for every photo as 90% of them will need infinity focus anyway. ;)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
I cheat with focussing, trying to do it manually is near enough impossible. All you need to do is get some light on one of your focus points so the autofocus has something to focus on. Also as a bit of a cheating method, on most len's any distance over 6-8 metres away registers as infinity on the camera, so all you have to do is lock the camera on something over 8 metres away, and everything else is magically in focus as well. I often do this once, then focus lock it so my camera is locked on infinity, that way you don't have to focus for every photo as 90% of them will need infinity focus anyway. ;)
Ah i see your point.but as ive learned and been told the a230 doesnt like the darker conditions..the auto focus just gets confused and makes a lot of noise struggling..all advice is welcome..i can see where some where out of focus im working on it.. :) ..and remember ive had this camera 10 days and only second time ive been underground..dont think my nokia camera fone counted as photography lol,so im getting there :cool2:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Ah i see your point.but as ive learned and been told the a230 doesnt like the darker conditions..the auto focus just gets confused and makes a lot of noise struggling..all advice is welcome..i can see where some where out of focus im working on it.. :) ..and remember ive had this camera 10 days and only second time ive been underground..dont think my nokia camera fone counted as photography lol,so im getting there :cool2:
No camera likes dark conditions, they just vary by their tolerance. All you need is a brighter torch or put the torch in front of the camera pointing towards it, run back to the camera and get it to focus, then focus lock it, then retrieve your torch. The autofocus on any camera relies on the camera being able to see something it can focus on, so you'll also have better results if you point the camera at a heaverly textured surface for foscussing, you won't get any luck at all by pointing it at a flat surface as the camera will have nothing to judge its focus with.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
No camera likes dark conditions, they just vary by their tolerance. All you need is a brighter torch or put the torch in front of the camera pointing towards it, run back to the camera and get it to focus, then focus lock it, then retrieve your torch. The autofocus on any camera relies on the camera being able to see something it can focus on, so you'll also have better results if you point the camera at a heaverly textured surface for foscussing, you won't get any luck at all by pointing it at a flat surface as the camera will have nothing to judge its focus with.[/quote

right this is gunna sound so stupid..ive not read any of the manual..focus lock..?do you mean when auto focus has done it thing take it off auto and onto manual and basically leave it as is..ive never/hardly everread a manual unless online small print in booklets makes me brain hurt?

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
No camera likes dark conditions, they just vary by their tolerance. All you need is a brighter torch or put the torch in front of the camera pointing towards it, run back to the camera and get it to focus, then focus lock it, then retrieve your torch. The autofocus on any camera relies on the camera being able to see something it can focus on, so you'll also have better results if you point the camera at a heaverly textured surface for foscussing, you won't get any luck at all by pointing it at a flat surface as the camera will have nothing to judge its focus with.[/quote

right this is gunna sound so stupid..ive not read any of the manual..focus lock..?do you mean when auto focus has done it thing take it off auto and onto manual and basically leave it as is..ive never/hardly everread a manual unless online small print in booklets makes me brain hurt?

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Actually what you said the first time is the best method. Pushing the button down halfway will cause the camera to focus, then release the button, and flick the lens into manual mode. Providing you don't touch the lens, you'll find it'll be perfectally focussed. (y)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Actually what you said the first time is the best method. Pushing the button down halfway will cause the camera to focus, then release the button, and flick the lens into manual mode. Providing you don't touch the lens, you'll find it'll be perfectally focussed. (y)
Kewl your a star..manuals are for girls my friend told me so lol..i did think tho once focused then switch to manual thx for confirming it..cos all that balancing torches and asking mates to shine yer torch over there so i can manual focus is a hassle..auto then switch to manual..i will apologies in advance for next weeks mission as this one will be hard pushed for time due too the fact wee need 2 teams so will be a long night if the first group are down all night..so the pics will come out as best i can..thats if we get in and out no hassles:)

Status
Not open for further replies.