free hit counter
Great Britain - Marine Biological Station, Isle of Man 2019 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Marine Biological Station, Isle of Man 2019

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
First report on here, or anywhere, in ages hope you all enjoy it. Been wanting to see inside this place for years, had a failed attempt a few years back but a recent fire and the property being bought last year worked to our advantage. Visited with my partner who has also tried & been caught by security so we were both pleased to gain access & finally get to have a look around the place. A bit of a shell in parts due to the fire & school holidays but still plenty to see & well wort the effort ☺️

KG0D3Xi.jpg

E44wLfV.jpg

History, stolen from www.culturevannin.im

In 1892 the Liverpool Marine Biological Committee set up a base in two small buildings on Port Erin Bay; much of their work involved dredging excursions in the Irish Sea. The growing numbers of visiting naturalists and vacation classes began to ‘swamp’ these small buildings and in 1902 activities were relocated to bigger premises in the south-west corner of Port Erin Bay. In 1919 the University of Liverpool took control and ownership of the Marine Biological Station, and students studied Marine Biology there for a number of years. The last admission of students from the University of Liverpool was in Autumn 2005. The station closed in October 2006. The building fell victim to an arson attack on New Years Eve 2016 ? The propery has been bought for £500,000 by Delgatie Ltd in 2018, which plan to replace the existing buildings with a mixed use development including residential, retail and commercial. 

IpjFIlQ.jpg

nSXARiS.jpg

waEX1Cp.jpg

k9wRFw9.jpg

fx9oO7q.jpg

C5lnYwU.jpg

2upxqvB.jpg

U3KlDYW.jpg

e2UlHJi.jpg

akOVrfJ.jpg

35JVEac.jpg

hT9tf41.jpg

pNs3INp.jpg

5ZCnjLp.jpg

jPVrXGj.jpg

AyHAdnR.jpg

uh1Lf8G.jpg

NGh8dpl.jpg

73C9AVm.jpg

EZb2qz2.jpg

kvHDo3Z.jpg

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Good to see you back on here. It's been a while!

Ferox

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Looks a good one mate. Remember you telling me about this spot a while ago. Glad you got to see it and its cool to see you back posting again  (y)

I should take inspiration and get some stuff up myself ?

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Looks a good one mate. Remember you telling me about this spot a while ago. Glad you got to see it and its cool to see you back posting again  (y)

I should take inspiration and get some stuff up myself ?

Yeah mate this is the one i was telling you about, big difference from last time i tried, they had practically rolled out the carpet for us haha. Yeah mate get some reports up, be cool to see what you've been getting upto   (y)