Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Millennium Tower and Holiday Inn, Salford Quays - June 2014 (Visited March 2014)

Indecisive M

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
I've been planning to meet up with someone, who often explores in the Salford area for a while now but things always got in the way, like the weather for example! we rescheduled our meeting a few times and eventually got together on a perfectly mild Spring evening. There was plenty of high places to choose from, with relatively hassle free access.

We first went to the Holiday Inn but got stopped in our tracks by a bar man so we decided to head out towards Millennium Tower. It was fairly straight forward once we were in and spent around an hour on the roof. The air quality was pretty poor that night due to the Salford recycling plant fire which really affected my images. After a while we decided to try our luck at the Holiday Inn again. This time we got in and spent another hour or so on the roof. Overall a really enjoyable night spent admiring the Quays :)

MILLENNIUM TOWER

Millennium Tower is a 220 feet tall development situated on the waterfront at Salford Quays. It’s a block of luxury penthouse apartment with 20 floors. With its contemporary architecture, the complex is situated within walking distance of the Media City and the Lowry Centre. The tower block offers luxurious living space, whilst helping to transform the Salford Quays skyline.

HOLIDAY INN

The Holiday Inn Express is located in thriving Salford Quays, surrounded by the water & history of the Manchester Ship Canal & within 1 mile of Manchester United Football Club (Old Trafford), the Lowry Theatre & the Imperial War Museum.

The glass-fronted, 16-floor hotel is in MediaCityUK's studio block.

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited by a moderator:

skeleton key

Reaction score
Really nice crisp shots there and a very nice vantage point.

Shame about the bar man concerning himself earlier in the evening and have no idea why idiots involve themselves.

Either way all came good (y)

Indecisive M

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Really nice crisp shots there and a very nice vantage point.Shame about the bar man concerning himself earlier in the evening and have no idea why idiots involve themselves.

Either way all came good (y)
Cheers mate :)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
now those are some cracking nighttime photos !, wow

:comp

seaside_rambler

O.S Friend AAA
Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Did you explore with a giant? Haha, Nice shots, views look lovely :)

The_Raw

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
This is awesome, I'd like to see your images when there isn't a recycling plant fire taking place! No high heels on this outing? :lol:

Indecisive M

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

This is awesome, I'd like to see your images when there isn't a recycling plant fire taking place! No high heels on this outing? :lol:
Slippery rooftop and high heels don't really mix well, but don't worry I'll bring a pair when I pop down South :wink:

Lara

Reaction score
Cracking shots!! Nice one :)

hamtagger

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Crispy delicious pictures, would love to see more of your stuff on here.

10 out of 10 (y)

Matt Inked

Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, these shots are so sharp you could cut glass with them (y) and I absolutely love shots from roofs. Nice one!