free hit counter
Great Britain - Milton Green Highways Depot - Milton Green - October 2020 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Milton Green Highways Depot - Milton Green - October 2020

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Milton Green Highways Depot

Visited with a non-member.

After looking online for a matter of hours I couldn’t find any substantial history on this site, I seem to be pretty useless at research. The depot was owned by Cheshire West and Chester council and carried out fleet maintenance for the council and surrounding area. The national archives provide a date of 1937 on the site page, but that doesn’t explicitly point to it being the date of construction. However, looking inside it may be possible. The site shut in 2011 and the most recent news article regarding the depot came in 2015. 105 homes were planned to be built on the land by Eccleston Homes. The plans included a village hall, ambulance station and of course the houses. At the front of the site the ambulance station is already present. I’d assume that this building was just going to be included in the plans. Anyways, the deadline for these plans were back in May 2015 and as of today, still sits derelict… The council have continued to have meetings up to 2019 where the CCP Depot is still mentioned yet nothing seems to be set in stone.

DSC01257.jpg

It was @KPUrban_ that pointed me towards this site after informing of us of the more well-known spot down the road. Once me and @DustySensorPhotography had checked said site we thought we should pop over the heras and have a look what was inside. With no idea as to what the site was apart from a wishful guess from KP, we went to work it out for ourselves. I was surprised to see little to no foot traffic throughout any of the buildings considering the easy access and where it is positioned relative to the other derp. Plenty of decay had settled in in the office block containing the reception and stores which made it worth documenting. This area linked directly to the maintenance workshop with an electricians shop, canteen, quarantine area and toilets/changing rooms all leading off. Outside of the main attraction was a couple of hangar type buildings that were empty and ruined. My assumption is that they acted as storage units for vehicles that were either waiting for maintenance or waiting for deployment, but I could be wrong. With a little more history, it could point to their former use around construction time.

Reception Block.

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

Looking through the windows as we walked the perimeter of the building increased our expectations before getting inside. Sadly, what we saw on the outside turned out to be all that was of interest.

We began in the Stores. They were bare but had a great English Electric installation at the back of the room.

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

The stores then lead straight to the large workshop. It was of course empty but came as a surprise due to the way we entered the site meaning we didn’t see the size of this area. A few slightly dated features were sat inside but not many. Most of the health and safety posters up around the room were dated as 1989.

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

Quarantine Area.

DSC01218.jpg

Office inside the workshop.

DSC01220.jpg

A shot from the opposite side of the room.

DSC01223.jpg

The canteen could be found here, and it was originally an “Electrical Test Shop” before they used it as a canteen. It wasn’t the most impressive canteen.

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

Next door was the new electricians shop.

DSC01216.jpg

Once we had finished shooting the workshop we moved through towards the reception area and the remaining offices which were the best areas in my opinion due to the amount of the decay.

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01224.jpg

For the remainder of the explore we had to battle with the most cobwebs and flies we’d encountered yet. We used anything we could to waft them out the way. Towards the end of the corridor, it got too much, and we resulted to crawling. In some of these shots you can just about make them out. The amount of cobwebs was surprising and indicated hardly anyone had walked through here in a while.

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

Enquiries. Allowing a peek into the offices to come.

DSC01228.jpg

Corridor.

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

This shot gives you a better idea of the maze of cobwebs.

DSC01243-2.jpg

One of the hangar type buildings. There were two of these buildings left and this was the only one accessible at the time. I doubt the other one is any different.

DSC01248.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

The remaining buildings. The building far west of the site is part used by the ambulance service and is not accessible.

DSC01258.jpg

DSC01252.jpg

That is all, thanks for reading!​

BikinGlynn

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I quite like that, love the benches in the workshop.

jane doe

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Really like that , a real mixture of things to see and photograph , some lovely decay in there ... enjoyed looking at your photos :)

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Love that overgrown entrance!