free hit counter
Great Britain - Mossley Manor Care Home - Liverpool - Sept 19 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Mossley Manor Care Home - Liverpool - Sept 19

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Mossley Manor Care Home

I'd only found the photos and footage of this spot less than a week ago. I was happy to find it but expected that what we had got on the day over 4 months ago wasn't going to be the best it could have been, but to my surprise the shoot and video came out pretty well.
Mossley Manor was a care home for the elderly that closed in 2015. The site had two inspections take place in the years before it closed down. One occurred in 2013 where an improvement notice was issued and the second was unannounced and happened in 2015, the year of closure. The Care Quality Commission found breaches of 10 of their regulation and said that the care home was dirty, dangerous, had an overpowering smell of urine and residents had no hot water (to name a few). Previously, the property was known as Elmswood House back in 1850 when it was constructed. Nicholas Duckworth occupied this house during 1878 where it was extended further. Come 1940 and the site became the Salvation Army's maternity and women's home. There is little history after but it was known to change to a lost children's home by 1970.

The explore was a relatively easy one and wasn't something we had come to do specifically. Knowing of the site and failing elsewhere on the day we decided to give it a go and get it ticked off the list. Again, this is well covered site but I thought I'd share a recent take on it. We do have some less covered sites coming up soon. For some reason, I didn't take any exteriors so I have thrown a photo in from before the building started to deteriorate. Other exterior photos can be found on numerous reports across 28DL if you're unfamiliar with this spot.

img-0-0-hd.jpg

DSC-0415.jpg

DSC-0413.jpg

DSC-0377.jpg

DSC-0382.jpg

DSC-0404.jpg

DSC-0388.jpg

DSC-0389.jpg

The Grand staircase and huge stained glass window this place is known for...

DSC-0393-HDR.jpg

DSC-0392.jpg

DSC-0401.jpg

DSC-0399.jpg

Our video for this will be releasing on Sunday so it is private for now. If you are interested then check back then and it should be public.

Thanks for looking! :)

obscureserenity

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Good to see this one is still on the radar :) shame it looks like it's been trashed a bit but some really nice photos there nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Trashed is an understatement, christ.

Absolutely buggered.

Still, at least the staircase is still fairly intact. Nice one.
:comp

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Good to see this one is still on the radar :) shame it looks like it's been trashed a bit but some really nice photos there nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks man, took me too long to get round to it. Each time I saw it it got worse and worse...

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Trashed is an understatement, christ.

Absolutely buggered.

Still, at least the staircase is still fairly intact. Nice one.
:comp
Cheers, staircase might not remain that way for too much longer by the looks of things.

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Dang that's pretty cool. Love that room with the moss growing on the floor in the middle of all those chairs. Staircase and stained glass are nice too

jtza

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Dang that's pretty cool. Love that room with the moss growing on the floor in the middle of all those chairs. Staircase and stained glass are nice too
Thanks man! I think I almost preferred that decay in there over the staircase somewhat