Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Most intense explore

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
This isn't something I see asked very often.

What is the most intense explore you have been on? As in what got your nerves going the most.

It could be your first explore (although that feels somewhat easy) or it could simply be one that you were nearly caught somewhere you REALLY shouldn't be.

For me it had to have been pystock. For anyone who remembers it, the ghurkas were awesome in the way of keeping you on your toes. I remember one of several trips where we were crossing between buildings and one of the jeeps turned up. We quickly darted into one of the drainage systems and waited out whilst he walked about a bit. He was (felt like) inches away and I'd heard horrer stories by the dozen.

Great feeling.

I'll probably think of something else later,

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Honestly, I couldn't decide for just one place / exploration. I've been practicing the hobby already for so many years now (starting in 1991; since 2005 I do almost nothing else in my free time than to research, travel, explore and edit the photos), so there were really many fascinating places and intense explorations in recent years.
Like one of my first big underground explorations, when I spent nearly 9 hours in a huge mine. Or the many fantastic abandoned castles with great stucco and elaborate ceiling paintings.
Nerve-racking exploration for example at a castle in France, when the armed owner caught me and fired his rifle (fortunately he only shot in the air and not at me...). Also rapid heartbeat, when I had broken with one leg through a dilapidated floor; or when a complete wall collapsed directly in front of me in the second floor of a former rest home.
There have been lot of beautiful and adventurous experiences...

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
There have been a few, all 3 visits to Haslar were quite intense due to the on site security being VERY keen. However this one is quite recent so fresh in my mind so I'll go with this

TonyFisher

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Middle level of Cligga Head mine in Cornwall. Full of collapses, some very recent. Just looking at the loose rock above my head sent shivers down my spine.

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Middle level of Cligga Head mine in Cornwall. Full of collapses, some very recent. Just looking at the loose rock above my head sent shivers down my spine.

I'm not a regular underground. Going through some sections of browns still does this to me.