free hit counter
Great Britain - Mount Street Hospital - Preston - May 2021 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Mount Street Hospital - Preston - May 2021

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Intro
This place has been done to death and the history has been covered enough times for everyone to know now.
I'll include below a few links to previous posts and websites regarding the history.
Report from obscureserenity : https://www.oblivionstate.com/community/threads/st-josephs-orphanage-february-march-2018.12646/
Report by Urbandoned: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/st-josephs-orphanage-preston-oct-2017.110516/

The Visit
It's safe to say I like disused hospitals, particularly operating theatres. Hence this place had been in the back of my mind for some time now being pushed further back due to other explores and the fact the north is a scary place for a southerner. Eventually, I was in Preston for some unknown reason and took the opportunity to have a wander round here. After circling the building looking for a parking spot that wouldn't cost a lifetime of savings we were wandering within the buildings' grounds.
At first the hope of getting in was non-existent. Then by the inconvenient convenience of me tripping over we found the gate was open to the main area.
Once in it seemed demolition prep was well underway, with numerous beds and other interesting equipment stocked into one or two rooms.
We headed to the operating theaters then the chapel before making an end to the short, hour long, visit.

Photos
Starting off in the operating theaters under watch of the Hanulux Melbourne lamps.
DSC_7102.jpg

DSC_7132.jpg
DSC_7120_1_2-Edit-2.jpg

Down some of the many corridors with the ceramic, i think. walls either side.
DSC_7117.jpg
DSC_7147.jpg
DSC_7150_1_2_3_4.jpg

Down some very nice stairs.
DSC_7142.jpg

And the chapel.
Not as bad as I thought it was.
DSC_7137.jpg

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin