free hit counter
Great Britain - New Passmores School - Harlow - Feb 2011 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain New Passmores School - Harlow - Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
This is the construction of the NEW Passmores School in Harlow

The old Passmores school still sits on a completely different site about 2 miles away. This new school was built on the site of the demolished Brays Grove School, so why didn't they just call the new school Brays Grove? Who knows, it's how we do things in Harlow.

This is what the website e-architect had to say about it.....

"Jestico + Whiles, with contractors Willmott Dixon, have secured planning consent for a new £23m building for Passmores School and Technology College in Harlow, Essex.

The school, for Essex County Council, will accommodate 1200 students, in six learning areas. The two-storey radial design, conceived in response to the ethos of the school, has a gathering place at its heart. It will provide an excellent and flexible learning environment for the future."

Explored with Skeleton Key

Artists Impression

Artists.jpg

SAM_1332.jpg

SAM_1327.jpg

SAM_1324.jpg

SAM_1314.jpg

SAM_1310.jpg

SAM_1303.jpg

SAM_1301.jpg

SAM_1292.jpg

SAM_1287.jpg

SAM_1275.jpg

SAM_1273.jpg

SAM_1248.jpg

SAM_1241.jpg

SAM_1235.jpg

The Roof, (I Love A Roof!!!)

SAM_1267.jpg

SAM_1264.jpg

SAM_1249.jpg

NellyBanner2_7.jpg

Thanks for taking the time

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Does exploring a construction site count as urbex?
I think so, Urbex=Urban Exploration, does this not also include stuff that is not usually seen or accessible, although most of us (including myself) normally explore the abandoned and derelict, there is nothing in the title of Urbex that restricts it to this

A good description from Wiki

"Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex or UE) is the examination of the normally unseen or off-limits parts of urban areas or industrial facilities.[1] Urban exploration is also commonly referred to as infiltration, although some people consider infiltration to be more closely associated with the exploration of active or inhabited sites. It may also be referred to as "draining" (when exploring drains) "urban spelunking", "urban caving", or "building hacking"."

However, if it is deemed not suitable for the site by the mods then please feel free to remove it, I will not take offence :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Think you can get away with it..there was that site up in lonmdon the olympic stadium or something i really cant remember saw a few posts of that around somewhere

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Does exploring a construction site count as urbex?
Of course it does.

Nice set of photos Nelly, cheers for posting them. :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Not offended by the post or anything just don't think a have seen a construction site explore before. I'm in the derelict abandoned mind set. Or maybe because I work on construction sites all the time it threw me, maybe I'll get some pictures of the olympic village in that case (working on one of the tallest structures too haha)Nice pictures anyhoo, carry on :D
thats the bunny the olympic village .. :)

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Not offended by the post or anything just don't think a have seen a construction site explore before. I'm in the derelict abandoned mind set. Or maybe because I work on construction sites all the time it threw me, maybe I'll get some pictures of the olympic village in that case (working on one of the tallest structures too haha)
Now that would be a great report.

To be honest, I wouldn't have normally bothered with this but boredom got the better of me, coupled with the fact that a big exploring day fell through last Sunday as my explore buddy got himself loved up!!

I had an itchy shutter finger and I really felt the need to scale a fence so with only a couple of hours to spare on a dark night then this was the result.

But saying that, I quite enjoyed it :)

Maybe you should create a new section Maniac "Things going up"

:lol:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Maybe you should create a new section Maniac "Things going up"

:lol:
I thought about it, but to be honest it's not often that construction sites get done, so they can happily be posted in the relevant section. If we started getting a lot of posts of new places then I'd think about it.

@solarp - I think when you work on construction sites it becomes quite familiar to you, but to the rest of us it's quite interesting to see a building in it's construction phase.

Some photos from the olympic villiage, now that'd be pretty cool. Don't get in trouble thou. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.