Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Night shots...

RiF

OS Member
Reaction score
Am planning on going out late tonight to do some night shots, which my dslr an I just found my old K1000 with Fujichrome 64 film loaded into it, would mind doing some shots with it also, but anyways. What kinda exposure time am i looking at here? 10 / 20 mins as long as that?

RiF

OS Member
Reaction score
Check that film stock again BZ - the only ISO64 emulsion Fuji made was a tungsten film - if it is you'll be OK on a long exposure, but if it is actually Kodachrome 64 then you'll need to add between a third and a full stop to your exposure to account for reciprocity failure.
Yeah thats the one, 'Fujichrome 64 tungsten film'

Take a photo with your DSLR on ISO 100, When you get one you like, take one with you film camera with the same settings but one stop down. Although you could probably use the same settings as pushing a film by such a small anount shouldn't cause any problems at all.
Its been ahile since I've pushed film an when I did it was back an white. But if I push this 64iso to 100iso, then wont the f stop an shutter speed be different to the one im reading on my dslr??