Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

No title.

Martin Yeomans

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hello all,I'm Martin,Just joined,I'm from Ashby-de-la-Zouch.I'm a keen athlete,I swim,cycle and do a lot of running on and off road.I am also into History and local history,I love Canals and boats and fascinated by Old Railway's and Tram Roads and other old buildings from yesterday's Britain.Over these lockdown's when you can only go out to exercise I have been trying to trace some old railway and horse tram routes around my local area.I have been reading books,and trying to puzzle together imfo people over the years have told me and anything I'm unsure about trying to work out for myself.

Dubbed Navigator

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Hi Martin

Great to have you on Oblivion State.

I'm actually very local to your town, so know the area and its history very well.

A couple of bits are documented on here, but it could do with being expanded a bit.

I know of a least 1 other member just as close as I who isn't on the forum (yet). You may have seen the forum is temporarily closing at the end of the month, during this time I'll get in touch and see if we can help each other out (within reason with current situation).

In the mean time please dont let this put you off posting what you've explored, or otherwise interacting around the forums, it'll all get saved.

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Hi Martin, welcome to the forum! :)

Respect for your hobbies; apart from explorations and photography trips, I'm honestly rather a bit lazy myself and not really a sports enthusiast ...

BikinGlynn

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Welcome Martin, unsuprisingly I do a bit of cycling & running myself (WARNING exploring can take over your life & lead to becoming a unfit middle aged man though)
Not far away in Northants, there is at least 4 railway tunnels around south Leicestershire that make a nice mooch, if you look at my reports Iv covered a few of them