Noaha's Ark Tunnel june 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Invader

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
visited with Silver Rainbow ...

After exploreing crete rd in the morning ,we decided that we would head up to dover for the afternoon explore after nearly getting soaked through in the morning :x we agreed that underground was are best option and what a choice :D dover has to offer so Noah’s Ark Tunnel it was ...

HISTORY

Noah’s Ark Tunnel in Dover is a passageway through the hill in a downwards slope .It’s precise date of construction and purpose is not clear, although early plans suggest it could have been used as a water main. It was certainly in place by the advent of the Second World War, during which time it was converted into an air raid shelter. It was concrete lined at this time and the evidence of toilets can still be found through the length of the tunnel, along with a kitchen area and blast walls at regular intervals.

creterdandnoahsark112.jpg

creterdandnoahsark120.jpg

creterdandnoahsark119.jpg

creterdandnoahsark117.jpg

a few of the graffiti

creterdandnoahsark113.jpg

creterdandnoahsark108.jpg

creterdandnoahsark107.jpg

creterdandnoahsark111.jpg

creterdandnoahsark124.jpg

creterdandnoahsark127.jpg

thanks for looking :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nicely caught and captured matey..must get my arse down to that end of the tunnel for the graph :)

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
some very nice photos there mate. Itsa shame the lights dont work down there no more.

Space Invader

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
some very nice photos there mate. Itsa shame the lights dont work down there no more.
cheers mate :D wish id spent a little longer down there missed a few bits of graffiti . all the lights looked still intact was the switch inside the tunnel or did they have to be switched on from an outside source...

Space Invader

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nicely caught and captured matey..must get my arse down to that end of the tunnel for the graph :)
Thanks mate . i think a revisit is in order :Devil:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thanks mate . i think a revisit is in order :Devil:
Yes mate ..need to check if me white balance is sorted and if not try every darn setting it has till it comes out good..my sony was so simple it liked the p7 nikon doesnt tho

Status
Not open for further replies.