free hit counter
Great Britain - Nunns Mills Power Station - Northampton - Feb 2011 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Nunns Mills Power Station - Northampton - Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Went on a little road trip to Northampton today with Skeleton Key and Tstranger1066, on the way up the motorway we picked up Msaunder1972.

After an Laurel and Hardy trip (which involved me going the wrong way around the roundabout on which the Nottingham Lift Tower lives) we arrived.

Second stop was Nunns Mills Power Station

The Info Bit!!!

Nunn Mills power station is an old disused and gutted power station in Northampton, the River Nene runs along its northern boundary whilst an infrequently used rail freight line, together with disused tracks and siding marks the southern boundary of the site.

For more than 10 years, graffiti artists have met at a warren of abandoned factory buildings behind the town's old power station, most of these have now been demolished.

Capture_1.jpg

SSL27937.jpg

SSL27940.jpg

SSL27939.jpg

I had been given the heads up about the CCTV and the tannoy system, but that still didn't prepare me for when it went off!!

After a brief crackle, the automated words "Priority Seven" were endlessly repeated over the tannoy system, then a very angry sec came across the tannoy, and the conversation went like this

Tannoy "Oi you three"

SK "There are four of us"

Tannoy "Oh, OK, you four!","this is private property and you are trespassing, is you don't leave immediately then the police will be called"

The whole time the "Priority Seven" announcement continued for effect.

We were laughing our socks off as we made our way out.

The Graffiti

SAM_1496.jpg

SAM_1498.jpg

SAM_1499.jpg

SAM_1501.jpg

SAM_1503.jpg

Thanks for taking the time

:)

NellyBanner2_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice little explore nelly..they still have security with a tannoy ,now that is funny..take it secca was to fat/lazy to come and "see you off"then! :)

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Tbh mate, he was probably sitting in a CCTV control room miles away, it was a chuckle though ;)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Tbh mate, he was probably sitting in a CCTV control room miles away, it was a chuckle though ;)
Well not like you where doing any harm mate.. :)

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I wonder what priority 1-6 are then? Is there a priority 8? So many questions.

I've been caught by automated systems like that before. "You have been detected, please leave the premises at once or the police will be called . . . . "

Status
Not open for further replies.