Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

1611113988398.jpeg

I spent wayyyy to long looking for that meme. 😁

Anyway, we have some news...
Oblivion State is having a revamp.

We’ve had various aims with this forum over the past few years. Most important, in my view, has been
to ensure its a different, enjoyable place for members to be able to contribute without fear of the often
very aggressive nature of this hobby.

Although this has to an extent partially happened, in that it looks fairly different and that there isn’t much in
the way of negativity - we still operate largely the same as other forums, and as such do not actually offer much more.

In our opinion, this simply isn’t enough to keep people’s interest. We think it can be more than what it is.

The few contributing members here are great, the site has been running for over 10 years, and there are
thousands of reports stored here that would be almost criminal to lose. This is not what I intend to happen.

What I want to do is give it a complete overhaul. Whilst retaining all that history, it will be more than
just about the forums.

This will likely take a few months. I’m not putting a definitive date on when.

I would however, like to give members the opportunity to submit their own ideas on what they would
like to see the site offer.
Please post in the suggestions area with these ideas.

1611113940509.jpeg

Last edited:

Grindle

Reaction score
Wishing you every success in this venture.
Must be honest I have so many backdated reports yo upload but have held off due to the current influx of umbexers and day trippers that now class themselves as UE’s. All owning their own “exploring with....’ or othersuch nonsense on fb.
Hoping there will be measures in place to keep locations secret on the new site
Cheers

Dubbed Navigator

Administrator
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Wishing you every success in this venture.
Must be honest I have so many backdated reports yo upload but have held off due to the current influx of umbexers and day trippers that now class themselves as UE’s. All owning their own “exploring with....’ or othersuch nonsense on fb.
Hoping there will be measures in place to keep locations secret on the new site
Cheers

In this game, there’s always a certain level of secrecy.
Im not sure how this element will operate yet, but it will be there, and hopefully in a more flexible way.

Dubbed Navigator

Administrator
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
So at the 11th hour, we have decided it is best to keep this forum running alongside the development that will be taking place.

Keep posting your reports up, and hopefully in a few months you will see something nice and shiny. (y)