Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Old park farm , Wakefield November 2016

shacklerurbex

Reaction score
footage and pics are taken from two quick visits. One in August and one in November 2016.

Some stolen history.........

In 2008 the farm was closed after concerns were raised about the welfare of the birds that were kept there. These included Harris hawks, red-tailed hawks, two emaciated European eagle owls and Lanner falcons. In 2005, nine eagle owls kept at the council-owned site were used in film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Since the farm was abandoned it has become a dangerous eyesore, and a meeting place for local kids and with evidence of drug taking on the site. Piles of rubbish litter the farm buildings, where slates have been stolen from the roof and fires have been started. In 2009 RATS president Paul Dainton called upon Wakefield Council to make the site safer after the buildings became too unsafe to be left as they were. In July 2010 the farm was sold at auction by Wakefield Council for £162,000, selling for almost double the guide price. It is unsure of what the new owners plan to do with site at present.
info taken from www.stanleyhistoryonline.com

Feedback welcome, still new to this.

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and putting the vid together.

As for feedback, the first thing I'd say is that it could do with being a fair bit shorter.  Clocking in at almost 5 minutes is pushing most peoples attention span to be fair - it needs to be a pretty epic place or some drama to keep the viewer glued :wink:

One way I might describe it is a study in how far can a building decay before it is just a pile of dust!!

I do like the mix of stills and moving footage especially the black and white pics that are in there.

At the end of the day its about getting out there and enjoying yourself and living to tell the tale  (y)