free hit counter
OPNI Psychiatric Hospital - Budapest (August 2013) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

OPNI Psychiatric Hospital - Budapest (August 2013)

Camera Shy

OS Full member
Reaction score
Whilst away in Budapest myself and Host checked out this awesome Asylum/Psych Hospital, it's a huge site with a modern hospital in full use, however in the same extensive grounds remains a selection of fantastic looking grand buildings of the old hospital complex.

I had only ever seen a small selection of photo's from here including a cool looking chapel, and shots through a window of a morgue with 2 sweet looking slabs
We had no info to go off but after finding the location we went for a wander, first thing we found was 3 guards at the main gate, and a big ass german shepard feasting on human remains.....hmmm maybe it wasn't going to be as straightforward as we hoped.

Elsewhere we managed to find access onto the site and our way into one of the outer buildings, some nice corridors and old secure rooms with padding still remaining, but no morgue......... we left the site after spotting security doing their rounds as i think they go in the buildings, and neither of us fancied having our throat ripped out by the dog.

We returned later in the day only to see workers everywhere and sec patrolling with the dog as the seem to do regularly, so on our last day another early morning visit and this time managed to access one of the main blocks, only a quick visit after getting spooked by sec, again no morgue or chapel but still, it was a cracking place and definitely worthy of a return as we probably only saw 20% of it and i'd love to find the best bits.

"The original Psychiatric hospital was built in the 19th century and designed to care for 800 mentally ill patients.

Besides the massive, four story, four-winged main building, the hospital had a 75 acres forest and park, its own lavatory, pig farm, movie theatre, chapel, swimming pool and tennis court as well as living quarters for the doctors and other staff. In 1945 patients had to move out from the hospital as the invading soviet Red Army set up their HQ in the building. The soviets left the building in 1946 leaving behind 150 mentally ill soviet soldiers.

After the 2nd World War the building became the national center for treating mentally ill patients as well as an internationally recognized research center.

The institute was closed suddenly around 7 years ago........... The reasons of the closure remained unknown"

Pics........

opnir.jpg

opni11.jpg

opni3.jpg

opni4.jpg

opni5.jpg

opni2.jpg
opni6.jpg

opni7.jpg

opni1r.jpg

opni12.jpg
opni8.jpg

opni9.jpg

opni1.jpg

opni10.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
In for the win

Location and pics

(y)

That padded door is awesome

:band:

:comp

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
What a flipping amazeballs report!! That is spot on, thanks for the share :)

Reaction score
That looks an awesome place, interesting about it's closure? You got some winning shots, corridors are my favourites (y)

Shush

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
That is beautiful, superb location and fanbloodytastic shots. Thanks for sharing chuck :)

LulaTaHula

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Wow! That is absolutely beautiful. An excellent report. :D

Perjury Saint

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Whoa... Soviet train graveyard and now THIS!! Looks fantastic this does!! Wanna see whats in the other 80%!!

Bostin pics as always, especially the last one... :D

Stussy

OS Member
Reaction score
OH WOW!!!! That is bloody fantastic!!! Wonderful moody shots, amazing padded doors, what more could you want! Oh yeah pics of the chapel and morgue, I want MOOOAAARRRRR!!!

(y)

S

Scattergun

Love this place, awesome find. Those corridors are lovely and I like the lighting in the last shot. Excellent set :)

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Awesome shots and history!!

(y)