Contact the team

Belgium Orient Express (March 2016)

Urban Relics

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanrelics.be
Not entirely sure where this fits best... Not a public building, but public transportation. Feels like this is the right spot to post this.

I photographed this abandoned first class train compartment almost four years ago. At the time I was just starting out with photography. You might see some technical errors here and there. So be kind! :) I recently re edited them and despite the flaws I'm not ashamed to share them with you... :)

As to the history of this train I'm afraid there's nothing I can tell you. It was taken away about a year ago. The way in which it was removed (very carefully) would suggest it was taken to a workshop to be restored for a museum, but even that is mere speculation. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy the images. To me they are reminiscent of a time when travel by rail was something of a luxury. I even remember traveling in trains like this as a young boy. With any luck I'll be able to bring that nostalgic feeling across with these photos. Enjoy!

OrientExpress01.jpg

OrientExpress02.jpg

OrientExpress03.jpg

OrientExpress04.jpg

OrientExpress05.jpg

OrientExpress06.jpg

OrientExpress07.jpg

OrientExpress08.jpg

OrientExpress09.jpg

OrientExpress10.jpg

OrientExpress11.jpg

OrientExpress12.jpg

OrientExpress13.jpg

OrientExpress14.jpg

That's it. Thanks for watching! (y)

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with those photos at all mate. In fact they're really nice. I never visited this one but saw a similar one in 2014 and my photos really were shit !! I wonder if that's still there actually :unsure:

urbex.by.nick

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Beautiful report, the train has been bought by a railway museum and is at the moment in France undergoing renovation works. Unfortunately, it will never ride again since the train normally consists of 3 carriages and there is only one preserved. So, in a few years you will be able to see it renovated!

BikinGlynn

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Wow that is bloody lovely. Love the wood panelling in there excellent stuff

urbexosaurus

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Really nicely captured!!
Can't believe I managed to miss this little gem. Has been on my to-do list for ages, but never managed to get to it...

Good to see some more quality pics of it at least. :)