free hit counter
Papplewick Pumping Station, Nottingham May 2011 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Papplewick Pumping Station, Nottingham May 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

he who must rome

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
T'was a reet nice day out starting with Papplewick Pumping Station which is a reet nice Victorian water pumping station the Engine House holds the original Twin beam Engines which are independent of each other one for pumping the water up from the 200 foot deep well and the other to pump this water to an underground Reservoir again Victorian built with magnificent arch ways, sadly to day this is no longer in use due to the failing of the Reservoir walls where large cracks can be seen from what is thought to be from Deep Coal Mining within the area.

on with the pic's since my last few reports have been heavily steeped in history this one is light in comparison (there will be an in-depth historical write up on my blog later).

A fountain within the grounds

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3721-2.jpg

Victorian Craftsmanship at its best.

IMG_3723-2.jpg

IMG_3722-2.jpg

IMG_3803-2.jpg

IMG_3725-2.jpg

Pressure clocks for one Engine.

IMG_3726-2.jpg

IMG_3724-2.jpg

IMG_3727-2.jpg

IMG_3746-2.jpg

On the top floor the Twin Beams.

IMG_3730-2.jpg

Within the Boiler House lives 6 Lancashire Boilers 2 of which are full originals and the other 4 have had some form of work on them in the past.

IMG_3756-2.jpg

IMG_3797-2.jpg

Time for the Victorian Reservoir.

IMG_3778-2.jpg

IMG_3772-2-2.jpg

A controller gate valve which is controlled from above ground.

IMG_3773-2-2.jpg

IMG_3777-2-2.jpg

There will be a full write up and more pictures and video's in my blog some time soon of the running Engines under steam power, if you want a link PM me on here.....Hope you liked the pic's

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.