free hit counter
Pierremont Park/Gardens Shelter December 2010 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Pierremont Park/Gardens Shelter December 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Right no actuall history i can find on the shelter itself but here's a bit of history on the grounds its in..

Pierremont Park has a hall and associated gardens of unknown size dating from 1785. The site was purchased by the district council for council use in 1927. The gardens include specimen trees, a fountain and a pergola

The shelter has 2 different types of construction and is only about 15 foot underground so a direct hit wouldn't of been much protection as far as i can see..its in use for the above mentioned gardens as it houses a pump for their fountain..it is locked tight and the main entrance is boarded up as well as padlocked!!

Visited with obscruity ,fortknox0, and uncle bulgaria and was a good little explore..right on with the pics!

DSC02423.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02427.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

I'm assuming original doors

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

Welded shut i do believe!!

DSC02439.jpg

Right thats what it is smal but unchav'd and nice inside..

Last edited by a moderator:

he who must rome

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
this looks nice the roof looks like 1 in leeds.....nice pics.....whats that machine ?.....some kind of air filter ?

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
this looks nice the roof looks like 1 in leeds.....nice pics.....whats that machine ?.....some kind of air filter ?
The machine is the pump for the foutain in the gardens above mate!

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
you have some nice photos there dude. Was good to have another little wander round here. Cheers for givin me a shout, Was cool we got the lights on again too :cool2:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
you have some nice photos there dude. Was good to have another little wander round here. Cheers for givin me a shout, Was cool we got the lights on again too :cool2:
gotta love working lights :)

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
Shame I didnt make it Wevsky, I fell asleep on the sofa :) ,Would have liked to joined you guys looks like quite a good little splore.

:cool2:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Shame I didnt make it Wevsky, I fell asleep on the sofa :) ,Would have liked to joined you guys looks like quite a good little splore.:cool2:
you wouldnt have liked the time spent after in the freezing cold tho mate trust me :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Seems strange that some of the tunnells are poured concrete and other sections are PRC sections, like a garage. Later additions?
Is that a watermark I see, or has someone been busy with the pen?

Just chalk matey ,and someone somewhere else mentioned that ,name in question was chalked in over a year ago..that man gets about!! ;)and as for later addditions really wouldnt know cant find a scrap of actuall history

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp_Donkey

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the tunnel under leybourne grange. But im pretty sure the ones up there were originally used for mantanance (too tired to spell)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the tunnel under leybourne grange. But im pretty sure the ones up there were originally used for mantanance (too tired to spell)
spellings over rated mate!and i never got up leybourne grange..damn shame ive missed a few good places soon to be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.