free hit counter
Luxembourg - Powerplant X [ The Boilerhouse] ( August 2022) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Luxembourg Powerplant X [ The Boilerhouse] ( August 2022)

BradUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Powerplant X
This abandoned powerplant is located at an active steel factory somewhere in Luxembourg, The powerplant dates back to the 1800s when it was used to generate electricity for the nearby blast furnaces on the site. The powerplant closed in 1979

Our exploration

After driving for almost 4 hours we finally arrived, access was easy but we triggered the alarms almost instantly, this didn't stop us from exploring, we triggerd the alarms for almost 20 times when we were inside but nothing happend, i decided to leave my camera in my bag untill we reached the upper parts of the boilerhouse, while searching for a way to the turbine hall i noticed a security van was parked near the building so we had to be carefull, and just when we wanted to leave the boilerhouse to see the turbine hall, the security van drove by and the alarms were constantly going off, it was time to go....

i will do a revisit soon and hopefully get to see the turbine hall then!

Powerplant x 1-2.JPG

Powerplant x 2.JPG

Powerplant x 3.JPG

Powerplant x 4.JPG

Powerplant x 5.JPG

Powerplant x 6.JPG

Powerplant x 7.JPG

Industry_Explorer

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
There are no alarms there, the sound you hear is triggerd randomly and is ment to scare birds because they do not want them to nest in these buildings. There are multiple of these boxes around the site:

PXL_20220109_113857956.jpg

I don't event count how many times i've been there as I don't live very far, it also kind of scared me they first time they added these boxes 😄