free hit counter
Prudential Assurance Building and Basement Club - Holy City Zoo | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

The Urban Collective

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
A stunning grade two listed gem decaying right on the high street.

Featuring the stunning architecture of Alfred Waterhouse who also designed Strangeways prison the Manchester town hall.

The main building has been used for many different purposes over the years as well as Prudential themselves. And the basement club was once a Berni inns restaurant (Cafe Monico)

a chain that served a post-war British public such delight's as sherry schooners steak and chips and black forest gateau as well as becoming a dance club in the 90's.

We had a wonderful two hours in this grade two listed time capsule. Hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the explore.

Thanks for any feedback

The Urban Collective

We Film It...

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5434.JPG

IMG_5431.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5416.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_5407.JPG

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5371.JPG

IMG_5356.JPG

IMG_5368.JPG

IMG_5370.JPG

IMG_5375.JPG

IMG_5378.JPG

IMG_5399.JPG

IMG_5362.JPG

IMG_5361.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
This is a clear testament to how trashed somewhere so lovely gets in a short space of time. I have seen loads on this place what a load of little shits trashing it like this. Nice to be updated of the place though (y)  

The Urban Collective

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Wow, utterly battered. I'm sure I have seen this looking better only in the last few months??

How much was there to see for 2 hours? :)
Plenty pal if you have a genuine passion for exploration?

This is a clear testament to how trashed somewhere so lovely gets in a short space of time. I have seen loads on this place what a load of little shits trashing it like this. Nice to be updated of the place though (y)  
Yeah I think its seriously sad m8 why people want to trash something that actually looks so nice I mean the ground floor was stunning man.