Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

RAF Bawdsey R3 Rotor Bunker - Suffolk - April 2014 (PIC Heavy)

sentinel

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
Visit

Visited this place with a non-member, was great to have some fresh air and the lack of that appealing aroma of pigeon crap which has accompanied me on most of my recent trips,

This was the first explore with a non-member (Thanks for the invite) and a nice relaxing explores with some good laughs and a strange encounter with a guy (nice fella) who is trekking the whole coast 6.600 miles for charity :Not Worthy, he didn't expect anyone to be down there, but after a half an hour chat and a couple of laughs and left him to his explore.

History

RAF Bawdsey was an RAF station situated on the eastern coast in Suffolk, England. Also known as Bawdsey Research Station (BRS), the first Chain Home radar station was built there, characterized by eight tall masts, four for transmitting and four for receiving. When the research group moved to Dundee in September 1939, the radar station was left active under the name RAF Bawdsey. The site later hosted a Bristol Bloodhound surface-to-air missile station until 1990.

The_Raw

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Mate you've got some top quality shots here, loving the tunnel, the stairs and especially that switchboard, looks like a more current version of the one at Deepdene, very interesting location too (y)

skeleton key

Reaction score
Lovley stuff there mate and some of these Rotor Bunkers offer a the oppertunity for some great shots :D

Cool share (y)

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
That's quality, great photos!!!

OP
sentinel

sentinel

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
Cheers guys rather chuffed with these photos

Lara

Reaction score
Cracking stuff that :) Quality share :)

:comp

upright_ninja

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Excellent stuff... great photo's (the staircase shot is fantastic) and it looks like there's loads to get your teeth into. Another one for the ever-growing explore list! Thanks for the share, mate!

u>.<n

Last edited by a moderator:

silverainbow

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
Quality stuff, I think I may have gotten a tad excited looking through these shots, top stuff definitely on my to do list

Thanks for the share !

(y)

Silent Night

Reaction score
cool stuff,done well with the lighting it's pitch black in there shots came out ace :cool:

OP
sentinel

sentinel

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
Cheers, I can thank Skeleton Key for a quick lesson in light painting, which I am happy about