free hit counter
Great Britain - RAF Upwood Medical Facility july 2015 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain RAF Upwood Medical Facility july 2015

LeeLewis82

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This was the first time at RAF Upwood Medical Facilty and it proved a good explore although heavilty trashed.

IMG_4924_zpsw1jgfy0k.jpg

While we had to crawl under a broken piece of plyboard it didnt disapoint with stuff and debris everywhere, plus nearly every piece of glass was broken.

IMG_5031_zpscqcynilb.jpg

As well as it being pitch black and the only source of light was our phone torches it proved fun, we saw a lot of spent needles, gloves, dental aperatus and more.

IMG_4966_zpsngzqvehe.jpg

Dental lights and aperatus trashed or broken.

IMG_4972_zps6am9dvt7.jpg

IMG_4975_zps7zrsqxqx.jpg

Whilst walking around with nothing other than phone torches for light, the smell of recent fire damage from vandals whoever else, we heard foot steps, i told the girls to stay in she shadows and not move until i return, i wandered slowly until the noises got louder and hid behind a door until 2 people ermerged in which i shined my torch, they crapped it and asked if i was police or security or if i was going to harm them, i said no im a explorer and called the girls.... the look on thier face was PRICELESS.

Various forms of aperatus has been left behind as well as back up generators and switch boards.

IMG_4976_zpsom5tsinc.jpg

IMG_4990_zpsfwnld6ui.jpg

IMG_4995_zpsnq9k91pw.jpg

IMG_4996_zpswa3qkvlc.jpg

The sad reality is these amongst a few other pic taken by others are the VERY last we will see of this lovely place as the diggers have moved in,,, but why??? it was in decent serviceable condition until vandals trashed it! The only facilty now is RAF Alconbury which some of the aperatus has been moved to, whilst it sits more or less disused there.

Sadly it now seems there will be room for 300 houses on the Raf Upwood site, and who knows who will occupy them, RAF Upwood was a great explore but sadly the level of decay is too much now.

I will personally miss the place.

IMG_5008_zpsc6rd44my.jpg

IMG_4921_zpsdzpwodhy.jpg

I hope you all enjoy this report and many other to come

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Hi Lee, good to see some more of the place.

The whole place was mothballed whilst it was decided what was happening base wise in the UK.

Its a shame it was trashed so quickly but cool to see all the same (y)

coolboyslim

Old school (m8ty)
OS Full member
Reaction score
Would have loved to have seen the looks when you hit them with your torch lol. Nice pics and report thanks for this.

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Looks good Lee mate (y) Good to see you got to see the place before it got demo'd, i went around about the same time and was shocked to see how messed up it had become in the space of 6 months :(

:comp

LeeLewis82

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I was priceless i tell you, i should have offered them a fresh nappy haha

LeeLewis82

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a shame its all gone now, it proved a great explore... Upwood will be the next to go i bet even if its used to airsoft.