free hit counter
Great Britain - Rochester Cement Works Recce / Mini-report | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Rochester Cement Works Recce / Mini-report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
visited with Fluff, Zombie and Jesus, huuuuuuuuuge place words can't describe how big it is, begs a return visit

Picture84.png

Picture85.png

Picture86.png

Picture87.png

Picture88.png

Picture89.png

Picture90.png

Such an awesome place

Last edited by a moderator:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Shouldn't this begin 'Thanks to maniac for the research and tip-off' :p

Shame you couldn't get into any of the buildings, and shame I didn't get up in time to join you. :lol:

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
You blew that when you decided not to turn up haha :D :unfair:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
You blew that when you decided not to turn up haha :D :unfair:
Hey unfair, I didn't decide not to, I've been angry at myself all fu**ing day for not waking up earlier, but come on I didn't get in from London until 1:30 last night, and I had been up since early that morning and up late the night before, so it's hardly suprising really. :(

CAVE ZOMBIE

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
we did wait til sunday for you and didnt go on sat didnt do much as lots of people still onsite

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
we did wait til sunday for you and didnt go on sat didnt do much as lots of people still onsite
I've had a super shite weekend, sorry.

Forgot to goto my best friends daughters christening this afternoon, managed to piss off my parents by not turning up for dinner tonight because I managed to fall asleep again this afternoon, managed to piss off one of my friends at the gig we went to last night, lost £20 today walking from home to the town centre, didn't manage to get up in time to go see my mate about that other explore on Saturday because I forgot to set an alarm, his dad now pissed of at me for messing him around so that's gone out the window as well, and missed this explore because I forgot to set an alarm as well. So yeah shite weekend.

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice mate is it closed now :dunno2: only we drive past this place some times and looking at your pics it looks like a great place to have an explore (y)
As far as I know it is, although I'm searching to find the origenal document that told me this information, and failing miserably. I seem to recall it ceased production towards the middle to end of last year ans is currently being decomissioned at the moment, prior to planned re-development.

Maniac.

EDIT, found it. Two bits of information from different places.

The CEMEX plant at Halling is the last of the cement workson the Medway to close. While the main production plant

closed in 2000, a small team has continued to grind clinker

(cement in lump form) brought in by road from elsewhere.

The clinker grinding operation is now planned to end when

CEMEX UK opens a new 1.2 million tonnes per annum

grinding and blending facility on the Thames at Tilbury.
and from elsewhere;

The Tilbury facility is expected to come on stream in 2008 and marks a step-change in the industry by producing CEM3 in purpose-built, factory-controlled conditions.
So in theory it is now closed totally, although there is evidently still a lot of activity on the site.

Maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.