Contact Staff

Contact the team

Germany Sanatorium Kruckstock - Aug, 2020

ForgottenBuildings

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
History:
The history of this old medical building actually began at a completely different kind of function. This function was of a rather grand hotel, it was also quite a success due that the location was right next to a medieval style monastery and it was located just on the border of the Harz mountains. In 1901 it was openend and ran very smoothly. Until the second world war it actually changed. With the transfer of the system to a communist society, hotels began to make less sense. At the start of the 60s the iron curtain was finished which meant that it also couldn't rely anymore on the western german tourists. It was at this time when the hotel was reconverted into a clinic where patients with rheumatic problems were treated.

Visit:
With it being nearly the end of the day we decided to finish of our day with a last visit to an abandoned place in this area. This place was this small medical place. Unfortunately it also got pretty dark when inside, so I'm not too keen on the amount and quality of photos I took there. Nevertheless it still was quite a cool spot, especially the hidden old cellar was quite the surprise for us.

50595205342_34a8c0bee0_k.jpg
Electroshock Therapy by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

50594342043_88c869be64_k.jpg
Therapy room by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

50595080206_6386cd89ba_k.jpg
Made in DDR by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

50595205857_0dd0d9bd64_k.jpg
Sanatorium Kruckstock by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

I also made a video of the road trip I made in the former DDR:

Thanks for reading and watching!