Contact the team

Sarre Brigade Head Quarters - March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsgatonion

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Went over to Sarre with space invader to have a look at Sarre BHQ. A nice trip, and a first for me.

Sarre BHQ was built into the face of an old chalk quarry in 1940-41, manned by Canadian troops at a time when an invasion of Britain seemed likely. The Brigade HQ at Sarre existed as a satellite to the one at Canterbury.

After an awkward entrance you climb over lots of old junk and head downstairs into one of two main tunnels, which leads to a second unlined main tunnel with brick lined rooms off of it. In this tunnel there are the remains of two other entrances, which are covered in chalk from collapses.

Bottom of the only remaining staircase.

DSCF5477.jpg

Main tunnel.

DSCF5474.jpg

End of main tunnel.

DSCF5436.jpg

Tunnel leading to next main tunnel. Remains of second stairwell visible straight ahead.

DSCF5415.jpg

Second main tunnel.

DSCF5467.jpg

This would have been an administration office.

DSCF5471.jpg

And a little experimental lightpainting.

DSCF5464.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. I know the pictures aren't very well lit, I am still a noob at underground photography :sad2:

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

he who must rome

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
top bloke for getting in nice pics too, duno what camera you run but get some advice from the photography side of this site m8..... :cool2:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice work toby ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Obscurity

OS Member
Reaction score
lol sorry wevsky but your wrong on that one. This is sarre Brigade headquarters. The one at manston is the control battle headquarters (y) . Good effort flyboy, ive always had a soft spot for this place :)

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
lol sorry wevsky but your wrong on that one. This is sarre Brigade headquarters. The one at manston is the control battle headquarters (y) . Good effort flyboy, ive always had a soft spot for this place :)
Im pretty sure its theother way round obs..ive put a report on sarre calling it that didnt i lol..yes i did and it was wronglynamed..der imthick.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.