free hit counter
USA - School Turned Textile Factory - May 2020 & Aug. 2020 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

USA School Turned Textile Factory - May 2020 & Aug. 2020

WesternKentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is one of the easiest explorations I've ever done. Not only were most of the doors unlocked, but the place has a nice convenient parking spot no one can see. There is no wood floors, no secret basement, nothing to make you worry. If you hate water, maybe this isn't your place, but overall I love this old textile factory.

I can't find the name of this place because the signs were so gone I could not give you a good answer. My best guess it closed in 1999, but that is the latest timesheet I had found in the place.

The place was originally a school which I know nothing about and probably won't know anything about. It was called Jefferson School. I don't even know when it first opened or closed.

The place was left as is. There were two large spaces with nothing in them. One was the old gym, and another was just what use to be a hallway for a bunch of classes but the walls and windows were gone. I think this room was some kind of storage space for the clothing they made.

The place was really wet the day I went in as Hurricane Laura was bashing Kentucky at this time. At the time it was just a tropical depression but it still let down a lot of rain (1 inch or 25.4 mm).

The place still had sewing machines, designs, and chairs scattered about. Most of the stuff was getting ruined by the now very leaky roof but some of the place was well protected from the rain. Some parts were also filled with spiders (I don't like spiders all that much).

Very little of what made it a school still existed. The only part that screamed school were the multiple plastic chairs left over, and some of the gym lights still being in the gym which were covered up by drop-ceiling.

For a place being abandoned for 20 years and being so easily accessible: graffiti, broken glass, and broken machines were not common. Only found one machine that looked pushed over, and there was some stolen from when I went in May and when I went in August.
school_factory_bailing_machine_interior_wm.png
school_factory_bunch_of_sewingMachines_interior_wm.png
school_factory_chair_exterior_wm.png
school_factory_chair_ramp_interior_wm.png
school_factory_control_panel_interior_wm.png
school_factory_control_panel_lights_interior_wm.png
school_factory_dark_boilerroom_interior_wm.png
school_factory_dark_storeroom_interior_wm.png
school_factory_dark_workroom_interior_wm.png
school_factory_design_pants_interior_wm.png
school_factory_door_exterior_wm.png
school_factory_door_interior_wm.png