Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Scottish School H

TheBaronof Scotland

OS Member
Reaction score
only a few shots from a smash and grab

This building is very close to where I work, its been sealed tighter than stussys wallet for years, and everyday I walk past it looking for a board off etc, in 10+years NEVER one !!

So imagine my suprise on Tuesday when I was nipping out at lunch time and see the front door/board open/removed and a van outside.

I thought fuck it, nothing ventured nothing gained, and made my way in (all suited up lol)

A guy was in there doing a survey for the council with a view of it being made into flats, got chatting a bit and bullshitted my way into him letting me have access to the groundfloor for 30 mins the next day (lunchtime lol) with all my camera gear etc. He told me he was there for 3 days and would turn a blind eye.

Excited as hell the next day I strolled along only to find the van there but the door sealed !!! nooooooooooooooo had he just bullshitted me back and said whatever to get me out on tuesday.

So, determined not to miss out i went back today, the van was there, THE FRONT DOOR WAS OPEN, but no sign of anybody what so ever !! so I grabbed half dozen shots or so over 20 mins, and left, never seen the guy once, left work tonight and the place is sealed again.

Its a typical scottish school, built in 1908 and closed in 2004.

All windows are boarded so lighting was basically 0% apart from the atrium area were the glass roof flooded the area with light :)

All rooms on ground floor and first floor are empty, and very very wet !!! lots and lots of scaffolding especially in the stairs going right up to the ceiling, unsure on how safe it was tbh.

As I said, only a handful of shots, and my first explore in a suit lol :)

Image00001_zpsaiogljop.jpg

Image00002_zps05bbhb76.jpg

Image00004_zpsdnurjykq.jpg

Image00005_zps0zzf8uhc.jpg

Image00003_zpsb1dgnxrl.jpg

Image00006_zpsuqqbc0rn.jpg

Cheers

The Baron

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
You've captured some cracking shots there mate, can't choose a favourite (y)

:comp

Bonesout

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
You may get lucky again tomorrow? As long as they dont lock you in that is. :)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
A cool share there Baron, No selffie on this one then lol :p

TLR

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice looking school and well captured (y)

No externals though, was looking at an interesting boarded up school in the South of Scotland a couple of days ago, will have a better look next time I'm passing.