Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Sealed Sites

Paulpowers

Reaction score

There is nothing worse than traveling for a few hours only to find a site completely sealed up

Please only post sites that you have personally witnessed as there being zero chance of anyone gaining entrance

Paulpowers

Reaction score
Bidestone Hill air raid shelter, Liverpool - a lot of concrete has been poured on top of the entrance sealing it

Paulpowers

Reaction score
yeah that's the plan and hopefully people can check out sealed sites from time to time if passing and it saves long trips for nothing

mookster

Reaction score
If anyone is planning on doing Chateau le Foret in Belgium soon, don't bother. I have it on very good reliable authority that owing to the amount of attention it received in the last few weeks it has been comprehensively sealed, there are boards over the windows behind the ornate ironwork on the outside, by all intents and purposes it sounds like they have done a proper good job securing it, and the security presence on site has increased as well.

Paulpowers

Reaction score
Work starts this week to flatten Potters Manor

If you missed it you might get one last shot

Timster1973

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
If anyone is planning on doing Chateau le Foret in Belgium soon, don't bother. I have it on very good reliable authority that owing to the amount of attention it received in the last few weeks it has been comprehensively sealed, there are boards over the windows behind the ornate ironwork on the outside, by all intents and purposes it sounds like they have done a proper good job securing it, and the security presence on site has increased as well.
Every window was like that anyway - it was only the basement window that was loose and it was a proper squeeze to get in and out. Everything else was nailed shut after a 20 min recee that was the only way in and that was June - I know it went really touristy for a while after and then the security started catching people again.

S

Scattergun

Every window was like that anyway - it was only the basement window that was loose and it was a proper squeeze to get in and out. Everything else was nailed shut after a 20 min recee that was the only way in and that was June - I know it went really touristy for a while after and then the security started catching people again.
We were there end of July. Ducks arse mate.

mookster

Reaction score
My mate went at the weekend and couldn't find a way in either, so it's still a no go!

mookster

Reaction score
Just an update to the ever-running saga of Chateau Foret.

The other day a group of people, unknown whether they were explorers, burglars or just plain idiots blatantly broke in, the place was surrounded by police and they are going to be there for at least the next week or so doing investigations. And I can bet my bottom dollar it'll be even more heavily armoured after they've left.

Timster1973

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
Just an update to the ever-running saga of Chateau Foret.The other day a group of people, unknown whether they were explorers, burglars or just plain idiots blatantly broke in, the place was surrounded by police and they are going to be there for at least the next week or so doing investigations. And I can bet my bottom dollar it'll be even more heavily armoured after they've left.
It was sealed right down as it was, easy to break a window or remove boards with the right tools if you do that sort of thing (I don't) - they call it Chateau Police for a reason ;)

seaside_rambler

O.S Friend AAA
Reaction score
St Peter's Mortuary, metal sheets up at all the windows and doors now, and a cctv cam facing the building (working?) Power and water still on though...what a waste :/

Urbansnooper

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
this is why i ask in forums for people to PM me...... not to give me access details, but to save wasted journeys :)

There is nothing worse than traveling for a few hours only to find a site completely sealed up

Please only post sites that you have personally witnessed as there being zero chance of anyone gaining entrance

ImmortalShadow

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Not that it'll be any surprise going by recent events, but Red Dress Manor has new boards up and there's no access at all. Gutted :( my hope's fading I'll ever see it before it's completely trashed.

D

Dubbednavigator

Are you really surprised considering the media whoring its had?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk