Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Severalls (Colchester - April 2014)

Involuntary Abstinence

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Not much to say about Sevs that hasn't been said before in terms of history. The Web is full of backstories and info on the 300-acre asylum and it is worth the effort to spend some time checking various links because the history is immsense and few places have been so well recorded like Sevs.

As part of my London trip in April, the visit to Sevs was carried out with The_Raw.

We managed to record 7 hours approximately going from one building to the next, eluding security in a couple of occasions. Have to say that being just 2 people probably saved our butts as we were able to hear any footsteps and such in order to quickly move to a different part and out of sight.

Was also the first time I got over a palisade fence and must say it's all about turning on your survival mode. Once you have those spikes on your scrotum you are so alert and pumped up that it's quite easy to get over and safely down.

Have to admit Sevs surprised me in the most wonderful of ways. Not only was it not as trashed as I thought it would be, but it was quite unique from an architectural point of view. The theme of interconnecting corridors is just a pure mindfrak. You keep turning into another corridor, and another, and another...same with doors, you open one and there is another huge corridor.

We didn't get to see most of the "famous" bits like the red chair, the mars vending machine or the bed, but I left with a bigger feeling of completeness than I did leaving Denbigh which was a huge disappointment.

At the end of the day we were so tired and as the light was fast departing, we thought that maybe bumping into Michael wouldn't be such a bad idea as he would quietly walk us out, avoiding another encounter with the palisades but despite our "efforts" to get caught there was nobody around, so up the fence we went and on our way (well sort of as trying to get The_Raw moving is not that easy as he kept going "oh what's this" and off he'd go to check any of the numerous outer buildings, in the dark).

So yeah, Sevs.. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

=====PHOTOS======

DSC_9763-Edit.jpg

DSC_9896.jpg

DSC_9773-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC_9875.jpg

DSC_0225-Edit.jpg

DSC_0319-Edit.jpg

DSC_0269-Edit.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0079-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC_0329-Edit.jpg

DSC_0215-Edit.jpg

DSC_9907-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

DSC_0309-Edit.jpg

DSC_0314-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC_0339-Edit.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0344-Edit.jpg

DSC_9589.jpg

DSC_0165-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC_9666.jpg

DSC_9981.jpg

=====THE END=====

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Ahh just happened upon this, what a great day! Love what you've done with your shots and editing here mate, you've succeeded in making sevs look suitably creepy and there's a good variation of colours throughout the set, nice one (y)

Involuntary Abstinence

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Ahh just happened upon this, what a great day! Love what you've done with your shots and editing here mate, you've succeeded in making sevs look suitably creepy and there's a good variation of colours throughout the set, nice one (y)
cheers buddy! it was a great day!!!!

Dmax

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
got to love this place :) some nice shots mate well done :)

upright_ninja

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Excellent stuff, sir! Cracking set of images and good to see the place is still as popular as ever. Thanks for sharing!

u>.<n

Nelly

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
You've gotta love Sev's!! Nice shots!!

scrappy

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
great set mate, and thanks for the hints. was inside here about 3 hours before being caught by Michael hahaha

Involuntary Abstinence

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
great set mate, and thanks for the hints. was inside here about 3 hours before being caught by Michael hahaha
sorry for the late reply D! haven't been on the forum for a while

glad it worked out fine for a while for you, shame about Michael but he is not a pain once he catches you from what I hear