free hit counter
Great Britain - Shilley Aalin, Isle of Man 2018 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Shilley Aalin, Isle of Man 2018

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
My first explore of last year, and it was in December ? oh well at least i'm 'back on the horse'. Met up with a local explorer & this was the first of two places we got into that day, the second place looked derelict but kind of wasn't & turns out we were just being tourists in some poor ladys home so probably wont be posting that one on here. This place was a bit of a shell but the decor was erm 'interesting'. And we found a dead bird, which was obviously awesome ? 

d9XDwkI.jpg

History stolen from https://www.forgottenisle.com/, a great site documenting all the cool derelict stuff on the Isle of Man.

Shilley Aalin was built in the late 60's/early 70's by The Marquess of Queensberry despite locals protesting the build. It lay empty for some time after she passed away and was then bought and rented in the early 00s. Unfortunately, the group of people that rented it caused a lot of damage, and after they left the property lay empty and deteriorated.

Pum6Tf2.jpg

UFpYvxK.jpg

o2WDkZy.jpg

UB7sK7z.jpg

nkeVPqy.jpg

3bGRxit.jpg

xbMi9DD.jpg

LgHNMpM.jpg

msnEtfA.jpg

GNMF88D.jpg

pBMoUVb.jpg

h5LkpzR.jpg

94haXtd.jpg

h4yDPTo.jpg

Reaction score
Hideous wood panelling, why did people ever do that!! Although I'd live in that spot it has some lovely views by the looks, unless there's some asbestos factory hidden behind it or something!

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Do you know, why locals did protesting the build? Because of the location (and what bothered they there) or why?

I think they protested because it ruins the landscape it's a tacky building & can't argue there haha

Hideous wood panelling, why did people ever do that!! Although I'd live in that spot it has some lovely views by the looks, unless there's some asbestos factory hidden behind it or something!
Nope no asbestos factory there haha

Ferox

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Another interesting place bud. The strange shaped corridors remain me of that Latvian bungalow we went to ?

Good to see you still have an eye for the dead things. I came across a dead cat on a recent explore. You would have loved it ?

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Another interesting place bud. The strange shaped corridors remain me of that Latvian bungalow we went to ?

Good to see you still have an eye for the dead things. I came across a dead cat on a recent explore. You would have loved it ?

Yeah i suppose it was a bit like the Latvian Consulate, except didnt feel as 'seedy' if you know what i mean. And there was no epic swimming pool like in the consulate. Ooooh, did you get a pic of the cat???

John Green

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the add the house Shilley allin that you visited is awesome and I actually know the people who rented off a guy who was sub letting without permission ! The people who rented it actually looked after the place better than it had in a long time until the real owner found out the guy who was tasked with maintaining the property had been a naughty boy and kicked them all out after that the kids from peel
Started having party’s there and wrecked it ! It’s such a shame as I visited this place in the early 2000 s and the people who were living there had brought the place back to near its former glory I’d buy the place in a heartbeat !??